Job Seekers, Sign In
Dean, William S. Boyd School of Law « Position Deleted on 5/06/2013 »
|Institution:||University of Nevada Las Vegas|
|Location:||Las Vegas, NV|
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsUNIVERSITY OF NEVADA, LAS VEGAS-WILLIAM S. BOYD SCHOOL OF LAW seeks applicants and nominations for the position of Dean. Founded in 1998, Boyd School of Law has already made a significant name for itself in legal academia as a diverse and innovative law school with a strong public service mission. Our faculty scholarship, Thomas and Mack Legal Clinic, Lawyering Process program, and Saltman Center for Conflict Resolution are all highly regarded and nationally-ranked. As a public law school, and the only law school in the state, Boyd School of Law enjoys the strong support of the community and is located in state-of-the-art facilities at the center of the UNLV campus.
Boyd School of Law offers a full-time day program as well as a smaller part-time evening and day program. We enrolled 102 full-time and 37 part-time students in 2012 and have 42 full-time faculty members. Our alumni have had strong success on the bar exam and in securing employment.
We seek a Dean who will be:
- a thoughtful scholar who is deeply knowledgeable about dynamics in the legal profession and the legal academy;
- a highly energetic strategic and innovative leader who will be able to manage and leverage the school's strong financial and human resources;
- a committed advocate for advancing the reputation of our school--through the hiring and retention of talented faculty, the preparation and successful placement of students, and the development of a strong alumni network;
- a tireless champion for all aspects of our scholarly, teaching, and service missions;
- a zealous and effective ambassador with the university, our surrounding communities, and the state legislature; and
- an enthusiastic participant in our collegial, vibrant, intellectual community.
UNLV is a comprehensive research university of approximately 27,000 students and 2,800 faculty and staff. The university has internationally recognized programs in hotel administration and creative writing, and professional degrees in architecture and dental medicine as well as law. UNLV is located on a 332-acre main campus and has two satellite campuses in dynamic Southern Nevada.
Application review will begin immediately and continue until an appointment is made. To be given fullest consideration, applications should be received by November 15, 2012. Candidacy for this position will remain confidential unless we solicit your prior permission to contact third-party references. Applications should be submitted on-line through UNLV's secure web portal at https://hrsearch.unlv.edu. Applicants should submit a letter of interest, along with a detailed resume and three professional references. Individuals wishing to place names in nomination should electronically submit a letter of nomination through that same portal, including the name, position, address, email, and telephone number of the nominee. The Boyd School of Law values diversity of thought, culture, and experience and encourages applications from minorities, women, and persons with disabilities. All correspondence or inquiries should be directed to:
Law Dean Search Committee Chair
Dr. Karen P. West, Dean
University of Nevada Las Vegas School of Dental Medicine
1001 Shadow Lane MS 7410
Las Vegas, NV 89106-4124
UNLV is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity educator and employer committed to excellence through diversity.
© Copyright 2015 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.