Security Officer Supervisor - UNLV, Library Administration « Position Deleted on 3/21/2013 »
|Institution:||University of Nevada Las Vegas|
|Location:||Las Vegas, NV|
|Salary:||$34,598 to $50,571 USD Per Year|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsTHIS RECRUITMENT MAY CLOSE PRIOR TO THE ANNOUNCED CLOSING DATE WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE BASED ON THE NUMBER OF APPLICATIONS RECEIVED.
The Libraries Security Officer Supervisor reports to the Universities Libraries Associate Dean. This position performs all aspects of the management and administration of the Security Officers as well as overseeing daily safety and security operations within Lied Library and related branch libraries. The supervisor will: train and evaluate security staff on all security measures; generate follow up reports on all incidents and will send them to the Associate Dean on an as needed basis; serve as backup to the Libraries Director of Facilities; manage security student employees (office, patrol, and room set-up employees); maintain standard operating procedures; act as liaison for the Campus Police Department; conduct departmental briefings; and performs other duties as assigned by the Dean and Associate Dean in support of the safety and security of University Libraries users, staff, and facilities. This position must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office and other computer skills. The position deals with sensitive documents and must exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality. Must be able to stand for long periods of time, perform frequent foot patrols including climbing stairs and working outside in various extreme temperatures. Regular travel to library branches and other campus locations. Ability to lift up to 45 pounds and perform sedentary duties as assigned. Occasionally assist in room set-ups. Must have vision correctable to 20-20. Rotating shift work will be required. The schedule for this position is Monday through Friday 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., which includes working flex shifts and weekends as needed. *Per the Nevada State Legislature, classified employees are subject to six (6) mandatory unpaid furlough days per year.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Graduation from high school or equivalent education and one year of experience providing protective services to buildings and occupants, enforcing laws, rules, regulations, and policies and maintaining proper use, control and accountability of keys and electronic access and surveillance equipment; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.
1) Pursuant to NRS 284.4066, this position has been identified as affecting public safety. Persons offered employment in this position must submit to a pre-employment screening for controlled substances.
2) A valid driver's license is required at the time of appointment and as a condition of continuing employment.
3) Working evenings, weekends and/or holidays is required.
4) Applicant is required to undergo an extensive background investigation prior to being considered for appointment.
5) CPR certification is required at the time of appointment and as a condition of continuing employment.
6) First Aid certification is required at the time of appointment and as a condition of continuing employment.
7) A pre-employment criminal history check and fingerprinting are required. Persons offered employment in this position will be required to pay for these items.
8) A State of Nevada/FBI background check will be required of the selected applicant.
In order to be considered for employment at UNLV, ONLY the following documents MUST be attached to your application in sequence: 1) Cover Letter, 2) Resume. PLEASE NOTE: The NVAPPS System will direct you not to attach a resume. Please ignore this message for UNLV positions, and attach your cover letter and resume to your application.
Application deadline is 5:00 p.m. on March 28, 2013.
Applicants must apply online through NVAPPS, the State of Nevada on-line application system.
Click on this link to apply for the position:
The exam will consist of a rating of training and experience weighted 100%.
UNLV is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity educator and employer committed to achieving excellence through diversity.
© Copyright 2015 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.