Library Technician 3 - UNLV, Libraries - Research and Education Division, Circulation Unit  « Position Deleted on 9/06/2013 »
|Institution:||University of Nevada Las Vegas|
|Location:||Las Vegas, NV|
|Salary:||$38,523 to $56,626 USD Per Year|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsJOB DESCRIPTION
The University of Nevada Las Vegas (UNLV) is seeking a Library Technician 3. The Library Technician 3 reports to the Head, User Services and is responsible for the daily provision of services and operations of the Circulation unit within the Research and Education Division in Lied Library. This position oversees services at the Circulation desk, course reserve materials processing, and is responsible for supervision of 4 full-time staff, including 1 full-time staff who supervises 12-16 student employees. The Library Technician 3 provides circulation and reference services to library users at multiple service points, including assisting in the selection of appropriate print and electronic information resources. In consultation with Head, User Services, the incumbent provides and sets Circulation unit work objectives, workflow, and progress reports. Other responsibilities include assessing and implementing goals, service policies, staffing, and scheduling to optimize resources and efficiency. The position oversees, interprets, and enforces library policies and procedures to patrons while responding to and resolving user comments to foster excellent customer relations and seamless service. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the circulation module in the Libraries' integrated library system, III Millennium, which may include: altering system parameters and updating settings impacting borrowers. The incumbent will be required to work Tuesday-Saturday 9:00am to 6:00pm. Per the Nevada State Legislature, classified employees are subject to six mandatory unpaid furlough days through June 30, 2014.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Graduation from high school or equivalent education and four years of increasingly responsible library experience, two years of which was technical experience in a relevant functional area of a library; OR one year of experience as a Library Technician II in Nevada State service; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.
ADDITIONAL POSITION EXPERIENCE
1) Please indicate the highest degree received.
2) Describe your experience in detail working in a library.
3) Describe your supervisory experience in detail. Include the number and level of employees you have supervised.
4) Describe your experience in detail directly interacting with customers one-on-one, in person.
5) Describe your experience in detail routinely training people in the use of computer technology.
6) List and describe in detail any productivity software or hardware (Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, etc.) with which you have had at least six months of experience.
7) List and describe in detail any integrated library computer system (Innovative Interfaces, Sirsi, etc.) with which you have working knowledge.
8) List and describe in detail any electronic library resources/databases (Academic Search Premier, Medline, FirstSearch, etc.) with which you have working knowledge.
In order to be considered for employment at UNLV, ONLY the following documents MUST be attached to your application in sequence: 1) Cover Letter, 2) Resume. PLEASE NOTE: The NVAPPS System will direct you not to attach a resume. Please ignore this message for UNLV positions, and attach your cover letter and resume to your application.
Application deadline is 5:00 p.m. on September 4, 2013.
Applicants must apply online through NVAPPS, the State of Nevada on-line application system.
Click on this link to apply for the position:
The exam will consist of an application evaluation. It is essential that applications include extensively detailed information with time frames regarding education and experience. The most qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for interview.
UNLV is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity educator and employer committed to achieving excellence through diversity.
© Copyright 2015 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.