Head Varsity Coach, Football (A1100510) EXTENDED
NOTICE OF POSITION VACANCY
University of Illinois
Division of Intercollegiate Athletics
Head Varsity Coach - Football - Extended
10 month, 100% Academic Professional Appointment
- Recruitment of qualified student-athletes.
- Preparation and administration of all budget expenditures as related to operation of the sport.
- Establish the goals for the sport program.
- Selection, training and supervision of all Assistant Coaches and non-professional staff.
- Administration of all travel and scheduling arrangements.
- Participation in fundraising events, promotions and marketing opportunities associated with the sport.
- Produce a quality team capable of representative win-loss record as determined by University Administration.
- Possess public speaking skills essential for promotion of athletic program.
- Represent the University at national, state, and local professional organization events.
- This is a full-time academic professional appointment.
Bachelor's degree required. Minimum of five years coaching experience required; Division I level preferred. Knowledge of, and compliance with, specific NCAA, Big Ten Conference and institutional rules that relate to this position is required.
Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
As soon as possible after closing date
To receive full consideration, application materials must be received by December 8, 2011. Applications not submitted through http://jobs.illinois.edu will not be considered. Candidate must upload a letter of application and resume. Online application will require the names and contact information for three references. For further information regarding application procedures, contact: Mike Thomas, Director of Athletics, FightingIlliniAD@illinois.edu.
Interviews may take place prior to closing date, but no selection will be made until after closing date.
The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign is a member of the Big Ten Conference and is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and welcomes individuals with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and ideas who embrace and value diversity and inclusivity. ( www.inclusiveillinois.edu)