Job Seekers, Sign In
Network Assistant « Position Deleted on 5/02/2013 »
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
|Notes:||included on Affirmative Action email|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsCaldwell College invites applications for a full-time Network Assistant. Reporting to the Chief Information Officer, the Network Assistant is responsible for installing, maintaining and supporting the network infrastructure and providing support to the College's telephone system. Specific job duties include, but are not limited to;
· Configuring and installing equipment (firewalls, routers, switches).
· Maintaining the network infrastructure, installing new devices, and working on upcoming projects.
· Staging, configuring, implementing, and supporting voice telephony and VoIP installations as necessary.
· Developing and conducting proactive maintenance activities designed to ensure optimal performance of the network.
· Analyzing network security risks, defining and securing access.
· Maximizing network by monitoring performance and network stability, usage, network security and backup utilization.
· Providing support during major network outages/incidents and ensuring that all stakeholders are informed.
· Conducting requests for proposals, purchasing hardware and software supplies, negotiating with vendors.
· Ensuring that all aspects of the network are thoroughly documented, up-to-date and accessible to the department
· Supervising student technology assistants.
Knowledge equivalent to a Bachelor's degree in IT, Computer Science, or Engineering, industry recognized certifications, and a minimum of three years experience managing networks and systems administration is required. Work schedule includes four days from 12:00 pm to 8:00 pm and a fifth day shift. The successful candidate will have knowledge and practical experience in internet security and risk management, prior technology VoIP implementation and support experience, proven VoIP/Voice network support experience with strong working knowledge of voice networking in customer deployments, PBX (PABX,VoIP, POTS, etc). Working knowledge of Avaya IP/Cisco IP or MITEL products, practical experience installing telecoms equipment and working with IP/Ethernet equipment and principles is strongly preferred. The successful candidate will also be a team player with excellent communication skills. Candidates must be willing to support the Dominican Catholic, liberal arts mission of the College.
Founded in 1939 by the Sisters of Saint Dominic, Caldwell is a four-year, Catholic liberal arts, coeducational college enrolling approximately 2000 full and part-time students in both graduate and undergraduate programs of study. The college is located on a beautiful 70-acre wooded campus in a suburban setting in Caldwell, New Jersey, just 20 miles west of New York City. For more information, visit www.caldwell.edu.
Applicants must submit a resume, cover letter specifying position, and a list of three professional references including complete contact information.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.
Send application materials to: firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred)
Office of Human Resources-NJCOM
120 Bloomfield Avenue
Caldwell, NJ 07006
Caldwell College is an EOE
© Copyright 2015 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.