Job Seekers, Sign In
IT Specialist « Position Deleted on 11/27/2012 »
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsDEPARTMENT: Institute for Health, Social, & Community Research (IHSCR)
To be considered for employment, a candidate who meets job opening qualifications must complete the following steps for EACH job opening to which the qualified candidate applies.
1. Submit ALL the following documents in ONE package directly to the Human Resources Department, by ONLY ONE of the following methods: mailed hard copy (recommended for the best presentation of your credentials), or by fax to (919) 546-8484.
- A fully completed Shaw University Application Form (see link below for write-in Application).
- A current resume or curriculum vitae.
A resume or curriculum vitae without an accompanying Shaw University Application Form, and other required documents, cannot be accepted.
2. Order "Official" transcript(s) of the highest degree received (as required by the job posting qualifications) to be MAILED DIRECTLY FROM the institution(s) DIRECTLY to: Human Resources Department, Shaw University, 118 E. South Street, Raleigh, NC 27601.
- A job posting qualification requiring a Ph.D. requires an official transcript from the institution awarding the Ph.D. degree, and the transcript must be mailed from the awarding institution directly to the Shaw University Human Department.
- A job posting qualification requiring a high school diploma requires a high school transcript or G.E.D. from the issuing institution.
Hand-delivered sealed transcripts will not be considered official and cannot be accepted.
Following the Human Resources office's receipt of both (1) a candidate's fully completed application package for a current job opening AND (2) mailed receipt of a candidate's official transcript(s) directly from the awarding institution, then a candidate can be considered for employment and their application and transcript information shall be submitted to the recruiting manager and/or selection committee for review.
If viewing a job posting on the HigherEdJobs.com website (or other employment ad websites), do NOT use the "Apply for this position through My HigherEdJobs.com" feature to attempt to apply.
Candidates are personally responsible for any potential travel and/or relocation expenses incurred.
The Information Technology (IT) Specialist will be responsible for supporting the secure input, storage, retrieval and analysis of data and other research related information of the IHSCR and its affiliated research and evaluation grants. This position will be responsible for coordinating data from multiple systems and databases, as well as data evaluation, strategic and financial planning, NIH report requirements, research productivity, and supporting research skill development for faculty and students. This position will collaborate with IHSCR staff, investigators, faculty members, and students, as well as co-investigators and collaborators from other universities and community organizations.
-Bachelors Degree (or equivalent by experience)from an accredited college or university, in Computer Science and/or Information Technology or a related field - or 3 years equivalent work experience.
- 2-3 years of web, internet or programming/analyst experience required.
- Experience working with server protocols, statistical and research software application, web development tools.
- Masters Degree from an accredited college or university, in Computer Science and/or Information Technology or a related field.
- 7 years of experience developing web-based applications with relational database experience.
- Data sourcing, data mapping and managing metadata.
- Experience working with multimedia applications, database interactions data modeling tools, web authoring languages such as C++, Java, XML, HTML, CGI, ASP and local area and wide area networks. SPSS, GIS, WinCATI, and SUDAAN.
- Valid NC driver's license.
- Provide 24/7 availability of the CSR and CBDM servers and related equipment.
- Evaluate, recommend, and acquire equipment, software, consumables and other tools to support and advance the health disparities research infrastructure.
- Maintain all software and hardware warranties.
- Ensure confidentiality and reliability of research data, proprietary information and intellectual property.
- Collaborate with University IT Department and University Webmaster to design, implement, maintain, upgrade, protect, and patch systems compliant with university security standard and policies.
- Actively identify and develop community partnerships and student engagement to promote health disparities research activities.
- Organize educational and research-related workshops for students and communities to promote the translation and dissemination of health disparities research.
POSITION SCHEDULED: 12 months - Grant Contingent
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid annual leave
- Paid holidays
From time to time, benefits may be added or deleted from the Shaw University benefits package.
- Must provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
- Subject to a background check, drug screen.
The preceding job description is designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. It does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise.
Do NOT use the "Apply for this position through My HigherEdJobs.com" feature to apply. Follow the APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS at the top of this job posting.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
© Copyright 2015 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.