Job Seekers, Sign In
Community Health Research Advocate « Position Deleted on 3/08/2012 »
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsDEPARTMENT: Institute for Health, Social, & Community Research (IHSCR)
To be considered for employment, a candidate who meets job opening qualifications must complete the following steps for EACH job opening to which the qualified candidate applies.
1. Submit ALL the following documents in ONE package directly to the Human Resources Department, by ONLY ONE of the following methods: mailed hard copy (recommended for the best presentation of your credentials), or by fax to (919) 546-8484.
- A fully completed Shaw University Application Form (see link below for write-in Application).
- A current resume or curriculum vitae.
A resume or curriculum vitae without an accompanying Shaw University Application Form, and other required documents, cannot be accepted.
2. Order "Official" transcript(s) of the highest degree received (as required by the job posting qualifications) to be MAILED DIRECTLY FROM the institution(s) DIRECTLY to: Human Resources Department, Shaw University, 118 E. South Street, Raleigh, NC 27601.
- A job posting qualification requiring a Ph.D. requires an official transcript from the institution awarding the Ph.D. degree, and the transcript must be mailed from the awarding institution directly to the Shaw University Human Department.
- A job posting qualification requiring a high school diploma requires a high school transcript or G.E.D. from the issuing institution.
Hand-delivered sealed transcripts will not be considered official and cannot be accepted.
Following the Human Resources office's receipt of both (1) a candidate's fully completed application package for a current job opening AND (2) mailed receipt of a candidate's official transcript(s) directly from the awarding institution, then a candidate can be considered for employment and their application and transcript information shall be submitted to the recruiting manager and/or selection committee for review.
If viewing a job posting on the HigherEdJobs.com website (or other employment ad websites), do NOT use the "Apply for this position through My HigherEdJobs.com" feature to attempt to apply.
Candidates are personally responsible for any potential travel and/or relocation expenses incurred.
The Community Health Research Advocate (CHRA) serves as liaison between the RIMI Core Team members, faculty, students and our community constituents. The CHRA will assess the interests and needs of faculty, students and our community constituents, help participating students and faculty to gain knowledge of and experience in community engaged health disparities research activities. The focus of the CHRS is to foster sustainable efforts at the community level that will accelerate the translation of research advances to health disparity populations and eliminate such health disparities.
-Bachelors Degree from an accredited college or university, in public health, social work, nursing, counseling, psychology or a related field.
- 2-5 years of experience in community health, community engagement or related work.
- Valid NC Driver's License
- Masters Degree from an accredited college or university, in public health, social work, nursing, counseling, psychology or a related field.
- 6+ years of experience with extramural grants and contracts.
- Minimum of one year supervisory experience in health care setting.
- Maintain National Institute on Minority Health and Health Disparities (NICMHD) Community Based Participatory Research (CBPR) foundational principles.
- Actively identify and develop community partnerships and student engagement to promote health disparities research activities.
- Organize educational and research-related workshops for students and communities to promote the translation and dissemination of health disparities research.
POSITION SCHEDULED: 12 months - Grant Contingent
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid annual leave
- Paid holidays
From time to time, benefits may be added or deleted from the Shaw University benefits package.
- Must provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
- Subject to a background check, drug screen.
The preceding job description is designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. It does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise.
Do NOT use the "Apply for this position through My HigherEdJobs.com" feature to apply. Follow the APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS at the top of this job posting.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
© Copyright 2015 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.