Assistant/Associate Professor, Pediatric Surgeon (Las Vegas) *
The University of Nevada School of Medicine Department of Surgery is seeking a full-time Pediatric Surgeon at the Assistant/Associate level. This is a tenure track position and the successful incumbent will be responsible for the teaching of surgical residents, students and performing research. Teaching will include lectures, clinical teaching on wards and in the operating room, supervision and direction of surgical residents when on call and on clinical service.
- General pediatric surgical diseases, treatment options, preoperative assessment and postoperative care.
- Operative care of general pediatric surgical diseases.
- Preoperative and postoperative management.
- Communication with referring physicians, consultants and other healthcare workers.
- Resident and medical student teaching.
- Data analysis, grant writing and manuscript writing (as appropriate).
- Diagnose and treat most general pediatric surgical diseases.
- Identify and appropriately manage untoward clinical outcomes.
- Effectively communicate with and direct residents and medical students.
- Effectively communicate with patients, patient's families, referring physicians, consultants and other health care workers.
- Design, implement and successfully compete for funding of clinical or basic science research proposals (as appropriate).
- MD. Successful completion of an accredited residency program in General Surgery. Successful completion of an accredited program in Pediatric Surgery.
- Board Eligible or Board Certified by the American Board of Pediatric Surgery.
- Candidates must be eligible for an unrestricted Nevada medical license, malpractice insurance and must be able to be successfully credentialed by Southern Nevada teaching hospitals and/or clinics.