Social Media Coordinator
NOTICE OF POSITION VACANCY
FULL TIME CALENDAR YEAR POSITION
JOB TITLE: Social Media Coordinator
DEPARTMENT: Enrollment Management
DESCRIPTION: The Social Media Coordinator (SMC) is responsible for weighing in on strategy, implementing and maintaining the division of Enrollment Management (EM) online presence through social media. The SMC creates and manages content for EM's social media activities, monitors and evaluates EM's online presence, and advises the Manager of Enrollment Technology on effective use of social media for promoting EM's goals and objectives. The position will also serve as a backup for technological business process within the Division of Enrollment Management as deemed necessary.
1. Launch and manage social media presence on sites like Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc.
2. Research and include most relevant meta-data such as hashtags, geolocation, current shorthand, tags, descriptions, etc. for a variety of media types and maintain current knowledge in technical aspects of coding on the social web.
3. Prepare reports to update EM staff on usage statistics. Analyze content and translate anecdotal or qualitative data into recommendations and plans for revising social media content
4. Responsible for creating and expediting targeted email blasts as outlined in the current communications plan. Monitor and update Director of effectiveness and campaigns.
5. Serve as backup for several processes in Enrollment Management
6. Recruit, train, mentor and manage student workers for blogs, video content, etc.
7. Other duties as assigned
REQUIREMENTS: A Bachelor's Degree specializing in social media marketing and 2+ years experience in the field. Experience with desktop support in a Windows environment. Strong social media experience required. Demonstrated creativity and documented immersion in social media and technology. Experience with engaging public through social networks. Proficient with Microsoft Office and Adobe software suites. Advanced knowledge of Windows operating systems. Ability to troubleshoot and solve software and hardware problems independently. Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to present information and ideas clearly. Effective interpersonal, communication and teamwork skills. Prior customer service experience of any kind a plus. Experience in online marketing, advertising and public relation strategies. Requires a team player with ability to work with multiple groups in a fast-paced, high energy, deadline-driven environment. Must be able to multi-task and be deadline oriented. Must be reliable, punctual, professional and committed to providing excellent customer service in a team-oriented environment
TO APPLY: Interested, qualified applicants should submit letters of application and resumes to the Personnel Services Department, The University of the Arts, 320 South Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA 19102 or via email to email@example.com
The University of the Arts is an Equal Opportunity Employer