Job Seekers, Sign In
Online Science Instructor (Contract) « Position Deleted on 1/12/2013 »
|Posted:||11/12/2012 (Reposted Job: Initially posted on 09/11/2012)|
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsOnline Science Instructor
Education-Portal.com, Remilon LLC's flagship website, offers free college courses that lead to real college credit. We are looking for passionate educators to develop and record world-class educational videos that will reach millions of students each month.
Our courses are made up of of bite-sized video lessons (each 5-10 minutes long) that cover a single concept. Each course is designed to prepare students to earn real college credit through a credit-granting exam. Our video lessons are also widely used by instructors to:
- Supplement classroom instruction
- Replace costly textbooks
- Engage reluctant learners
Read more about our solution to making education accessible through free online courses here: http://education-portal.com/academy/how-it-works.html
About the Online Science Instructor (Contract) position
We are looking for instructors with engaging, relatable styles who are able to make difficult concepts seem easy. Instructors should be subject matter experts with teaching experience. This is a telecommuting contract position and instructors can work on their own schedules. The job is ideal for adjunct professors, high school teachers and professionals working part-time for secondary and post-secondary institutions.
Instructors are responsible for delivering lesson scripts, quiz questions, and audio recordings. The audio recordings are "brought to life" by professional video editors and animators before they go live on the site and viewed by millions of students.
Please watch the following video lessons before applying to see if your teaching style is a good fit for our format.
What are the Different Types of Numbers? ( http://education-portal.com/academy/lesson/classification-of-numbers.html)
Properties of Matter ( http://education-portal.com/academy/lesson/matter-physical-and-chemical-properties.html)
The Declaration of Independence ( http://education-portal.com/academy/lesson/the-declaration-of-independence-text-signers-and-legacy.html)
The Invention of Writing ( http://education-portal.com/academy/lesson/the-invention-of-writing.html)
Types of Planning ( http://education-portal.com/academy/lesson/types-of-planning-strategic-tactical-operational-contingency-planning.html)
See our full list of video lessons for additional examples of our style and format.
- Master's degree or higher
- Hands-on experience with post-secondary or secondary teaching
- Ability to develop and record a minimum of ten video lessons per month
- Compelling vocal presence and relatable presentation style
- Ability to make abstract topics engaging and concrete
- Effective speaking and e-communication skills
- Ability to follow guidelines and respond to constructive feedback
- Passionate about making education accessible and educating under-served groups
- Eligibility to work in the US without sponsorship
- $125 per completed lesson
- Payment issued once per month
Why teach for Education-Portal.com?
- Help make education accessible to people who need it
- See results of your work in days, not years
- Have your work impact 4.5+ million web visitors each month
- Work with other talented and passionate instructors
© Copyright 2015 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.