Director of Information Technology « Position Deleted on 1/16/2013 »
|Institution:||Mohave Community College|
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Kingman, Arizona
Position #: 5-149
We want you to be successful in completing your application!!
You cannot apply for this position directly from here if you have not already created an online account. Don't know what we mean? Please review this document for instructions, tips and hints.
Your application is your first "test" for employment. The quality of your presentation, including your responses to the supplemental questions, will affect your success in moving forward in the selection process.
NOTE: OPEN UNTIL FILLED - Applications reviewed on receipt
Reporting directly to the Chief Information Officer, this position will be responsible for managing, monitoring and maintaining the Information Technology architecture supporting the production environment(s) of the college. This includes ensuring all tasks are completed either personally or through subordinate staff members.
This position will direct and coordinate the activities of technology staff, and a number of students, engaged in provisioning servers/mass storage supporting the college, hardware/operating systems support, desktop/thin client support for administration, faculty and students, and production network(s). This position will be responsible for managing subordinate supervisors who supervise employees in several functional groups and for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these groups.
This position works with limited supervision and will work non-traditional hours including nights and weekends to include being on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
1. Responsible for managing institutional communications for services including systems recovery activities and technical emergencies. Responsible for maintaining the production environment (SAN, NAS, VMWare, Virtual Servers, Physical servers) to ensure provisioning of the highest possible availability of services in a higher education environment.
2. Maintain backups management for all servers observing industry best practices; this includes off-site backups, backup logs, and well documented recovery plan.
3. Responsible for provisioning and making available to development staff hardware/software (physical or virtual) supporting applications in use at the college. Applications include: learning management systems, web site(s), ERP administrative system(s) and imaging application(s).
4. Responsible for ongoing monitoring, management, performance tuning, hardware/software upgrades, configuration and resource optimization for information technology in use at the college. Includes SAN/NAS, VMWare, Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, virtual/physical servers, technology based security systems, network design.
5. Maintain up-to-date knowledge of emerging technology tools and technologies. Script development including writing, debugging, troubleshooting for the purpose of task(s) such as disaster recovery, backups, reporting, import/export of data, etc.
6. Supervise and review the performance of professional, technical staff and subordinate staff. Supervision includes training, delegation of work assignments, employee evaluation and discipline and employee hire/termination, promotion and pay rate change recommendations.
7. Evaluate and recommend support policies and procedures for Virtual Servers, Physical Servers, routers, switches, firewall, VPN, server system software and hardware systems as they relate to information technology in use at the college.
8. Manage projects and activities through structured planning and oversight resources using the college's official project planning tools. Make procurement recommendations for project management of systems implementations, to maintain systems and software.
9. Meet with a variety of users to determine quality of service, identify needs, and initiate service and operation improvements.
10. Maintain current knowledge of industry trends and standards.
11. Adhere to college, federal and state administrative procedures, guidelines, initiatives and directives to ensure compliance with all relevant regulations affecting college operations.
12. Perform other tasks of a similar nature or level as assigned.
Bachelor's degree with five to seven years of related experience and training; or Associate degree with six to eight years of related experience and training; or any combination of training and education with eight to ten years of related experience and training demonstrating potential for success in performing the essential duties of the position.
Attainment of Cisco Certified Network Professional CCNP for Routing & Switching, Network Security and/or Design at the entry, associate or professional level required. If not certified at the professional level expectation is that the professional level certification(s) will be attained within 12 months of hire.
Attainment of VMware certification at the data center level (VSphere 5.x) and at the desktop virtualization level ((VSphere 5.x). If not certified at these professional levels expectation is that the professional level certification(s) will be attained within 12 months of hire.
A minimum of 5 years of hands-on Information technology experience relevant to the position in the past 8 years.
Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) certification is a plus
Limit your application to the specific documents requested. Only the documentation requested below will be forwarded to the selection committee for review. Documents submitted that are NOT requested of you, will be deleted from your application.
Important Note: You MUST attach the documents below before you can submit your application. MCC has decided to not collect this information in your electronic application (Message says: "Mohave Community College has chosen not to collect this information for this job posting." ), but rather through an attached document.
1. A complete online employment application form. Initial screening is done SOLELY from the information in
your application and does not include review of attachments. Statements such as "See Resume/CV" will disqualify your application.* Please
review this document for instructions,
tips and hints.
2. Cover letter addressing the criteria listed in the qualifications section for this position. (File Type: Cover Letter)
3. Resume or curriculum vitae. (File Type: Resume)
4. Transcripts of all college work. (Unofficial transcripts or photocopies will be accepted to establish the application file. Official transcripts will be required if the candidate is offered the position.) (File Type: Transcripts/Credentials)
Important Note: Any degree from a country other than the U.S., including Great Britain and Canada, must be evaluated by a professional evaluation service.
5. A list of professional references, no more than five (5), that includes both phone and email contact information. References letters, if attached, will be converted into a list of references based on the contact information in the letter and the letters will be destroyed. (File Type: References)
If you do not have the ability to scan printed documents for attachment, contact the analyst at firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure the subject matter of your email states: "Attachment Problems".