Job Seekers, Sign In
Engineering Graphics - Faculty « Position Deleted on 3/11/2013 »
|Institution:||University of Wisconsin - Stout|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsJOB DETAILS:
Position Description: One full-time academic year tenure track faculty position teaching engineering graphics courses to students in Manufacturing Engineering, Plastics Engineering, Engineering Technology, Packaging, Technology Education, and Industrial Design degree programs.
Appointment Type: Faculty
Department: Engineering and Technology
Title: Engineering Graphics Faculty Position
Anticipated Start Date: 8/26/2013
* Doctorate preferred, ABD required, with completion of the doctorate required within one year of initial appointment. Master of Architecture (three-plus program) degree will also be considered.
* One degree related to and supportive of engineering graphics such as Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Engineering Technology, Technology Education or other technical fields required
* Demonstration of teaching proficiency required
* Industrial experience or supervision in engineering graphics preferred
* Teaching or training experience in engineering graphics preferred
Teaching Responsibilities: To include topics from the following areas:
- Engineering Graphics
- Descriptive Geometry
- Computer Aided Design and Drafting
- Freehand Sketching
- Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
- Design and Working Drawings
- Solid and Surface Modeling
- 3D Scanning and Rapid Prototyping
- Teach in a collaborative and supportive manner with colleagues. Incorporate innovative and emerging teaching techniques in course delivery. Provide courses in a variety of formats, times, and locations
- Develop and revise curriculum materials and instructional media. Participate in program development
- Set-up, operate, maintain and improve laboratories and equipment. Research, negotiate contracts and keep current in required software(s) and updates
- Develop, conduct and respond to research and training proposals relevant to the needs of industry
- Develop and maintain contacts and liaison with industrial and professional associations
- Advise and support our students throughout their academic career. Participate in student club activities. Be supportive in working with diverse populations of students and staff
- Activities as defined in contract and UW-Stout Faculty/Academic Staff/Limited Employee Handbook
- Expectation for continuing applied research, which may include collaborations with industrial partners, student/faculty teams, and UW-Stout's Discovery Center; development of funding sources through grants, donations, and industrial products
- Program Leadership
The Engineering and Technology Department is one of seven departments in the College of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (CSTEM). The department has approximately 30 full time faculty and teaching staff. The department provides courses for programs in Manufacturing Engineering, Engineering Technology, Packaging, Computer Engineering and Plastics Engineering plus other programs throughout the university
A member of the University of Wisconsin System, UW-Stout serves approximately 9,300 students in 20 graduate and 40 undergraduate programs. UW-Stout is a 2001 Baldrige Award Recipient, supporting a progressive, learning-centered, quality-based educational environment that is focused on continuous improvement. A leader in adopting new technology, UW-Stout is a digital campus and all faculty and staff are required to use available technology in their positions including course delivery. Increasingly, courses are offered via alternative delivery methods and time frames. Faculty members are responsible for teaching, advising, research and scholarly activity, and service.
The university is located in Menomonie, situated in western Wisconsin, 60 minutes east of Minneapolis-St. Paul on Interstate 94; located in the scenic Chippewa Valley Region with a population base of more than 200,000. Menomonie is a city of 16,000 surrounded by lakes, streams and woodlands. For more information about the UW-Stout community and region visit: https://www.uwstout.edu/about/community.cfm.
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, UW-Stout is committed to inclusive excellence and is actively seeking applications from individuals from diverse groups. In compliance with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act, employment will be contingent upon a criminal background check.
It is the policy of UW-Stout to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance, or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact us using the information below. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual's disability.
Unless confidentiality is requested, names of applicants must be released upon request. Finalists cannot be guaranteed confidentiality.
For campus safety information and crime statistics, visit http://www.uwstout.edu/hs/upload/2012-Updated-Final-Clery-Report.pdf
TO ENSURE CONSIDERATION:
Review of applications will begin January 21, 2013 and continue until position is filled. To guarantee full consideration, all materials should be received by this date.
Competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. The UW System provides an excellent benefits package including participation in the Wisconsin State retirement plan.
-Benefit Details: http://www.wisconsin.edu/hr/benefits/uben.pdf
-Total Compensation Estimator:
Your online application will not be considered complete until all required documents are attached and all required fields are completed. Please note: Once you have submitted your application you will not be able to go into the system and change it.
Please be sure you have included the following documents:
- Cover letter with statements of teaching philosophy, experience and interests, industry experience and its appropriateness to the position, and scholarship activities and interests
- Current resume
- Names and contact information for three current references including current email addresses and phone numbers
- Unofficial copies of transcripts from university for highest degree(s) held or in progress
If you have application questions call or email:
Engineering and Technology Department
Phone: 715 232-1686
University of Wisconsin-Stout values diversity of people, ideas and experiences. University of Wisconsin-Stout is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer.
© Copyright 2015 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.