Job Seekers, Sign In
Research Director « Position Deleted on 1/29/2013 »
|Institution:||University of the Virgin Islands|
|Location:||St. Thomas, VI|
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsResearch Director
University of the Virgin Islands
CATEGORY: Administrative Staff
LOCATION: St. Thomas Campus
JOB CODE NUMBER: 0600349 / 121202
The successful candidate will investigate grant opportunities, write and develop grant proposals to support sustainability of the Caribbean Exploratory Research Center, research teams and community scholars; and supervise and direct others within the University and community to develop, write, and submit successfully funded proposals. The candidate will also direct and oversee research at the Center facilitating the successful implementation of funded research projects; perform data analysis, provide research methods training and supervision to faculty, students, community researchers and research assistants; and perform other related duties.
- A Doctoral or M.D. degree in Nursing, Medicine, Public Health, Social and Behavioral Sciences, Education or a relevant field is required;
- Experience in health disparities research or other health-related area is preferred;
- Must have demonstrated abilities securing funding from federal agencies and/or foundations to support community-based research;
- Expertise in clinical or applied research in any of the health, social or life sciences including, but not limited to nursing, medicine, public health, psychology, or sociology;
- Ability to conduct both qualitative and quantitative research studies and evaluation;
- Strong interpersonal and collaborative skills with ability to work with researchers and practitioners;
- Must be organized and able to handle timelines and priorities in a team environment;
- Ability to work across academic disciplines and with a variety of stakeholders and partners.
The salary range for this position is $61,581.00 to $85,000.00 per academic year depending on experience and qualifications. Benefits include a generous TIAA-CREF or the VI Government Retirement Plan, as well as, a comprehensive group medical, dental and life insurance program.
This salary may be impacted by a mandatory 8% reduction in accordance with the Virgin Islands Stability Act 7261.Travel & Shipping
If applicable, one-way economy airfare to St. Thomas for appointee and immediate family and an agreed upon amount based on policy for shipping allowance will be paid by the University upon presentation of receipts.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT (ADA) ACCOMMODATION:
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, anyone who needs an ADA accommodation for the purposes of employment should contact the Human Resources Office at (340)693-1410.
Please provide examples of relevant work.
Open until filled.
Please visit our career site at https://careers.uvi.edu to complete an application and apply for this position.
© Copyright 2015 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.