Job Seekers, Sign In
Reference / Distance Learning / Instruction Librarian « Position Deleted on 3/01/2013 »
|Institution:||University of Wisconsin - Stout|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsJOB DETAILS:
Appointment Type: Professional Academic Staff
Department/Unit: University Library
Title: Academic Librarian
Appointment Percentage: 100
Anticipated Start Date: 3/25/2013
- Master's degree in Library/Information Science from an American Library Association accredited program.
- Minimum of two years experience in reference services.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and participate in a collaborative team environment.
- Experience creating instructional materials, including multimedia presentations.
- Demonstrated skill in teaching in both face-to-face and online environments.
- Training or experience in collection development.
- Training or experience in library instruction.
- Human relations qualities necessary for successful interaction with students, faculty and staff.
- Knowledge and experience in integrated library systems, databases and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience or training in academic reference services.
- Experience in collaborating with faculty in the provision of library instruction.
- Demonstrated knowledge of current and emerging trends in distance education and instructional technologies.
- Collection development experience in an academic setting.
- Willingness to undertake new challenges.
The University Library of the University of Wisconsin-Stout seeks an innovative, tech-savvy, collaborative person for the position of Reference/Distance Learning/Instruction Librarian. As Reference Work Group leader, coordinates and provides reference desk services and individual research consultations; coordinates reference collection development and evaluation of reference services. As the Distance Learning Librarian, collaborates extensively with faculty and Instruction and Web Work Groups in development of instructional materials for information literacy for on-campus and online learners; provides library instruction; provides outreach and service to the distance learning community. This person also participates in Library planning and outreach. The successful candidate will demonstrate both strong leadership and teamwork capabilities. This is a 12-month position, reporting to the Library Director.
A member of the University of Wisconsin System, UW-Stout serves approximately 9,300 students in 20 graduate and 40 undergraduate programs. UW-Stout is a 2001 Baldrige Award Recipient, supporting a progressive, learning-centered, quality-based educational environment that is focused on continuous improvement. A leader in adopting new technology, UW-Stout is a digital campus and all faculty and staff are required to use available technology in their positions including course delivery. Increasingly, courses are offered via alternative delivery methods and time frames. Faculty members are responsible for teaching, advising, research and scholarly activity, and service.
The university is located in Menomonie, situated in western Wisconsin, 60 minutes east of Minneapolis-St. Paul on Interstate 94; located in the scenic Chippewa Valley Region with a population base of more than 200,000. Menomonie is a city of 16,000 surrounded by lakes, streams and woodlands. For more information about the UW-Stout community and region visit: https://www.uwstout.edu/about/community.cfm.
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, UW-Stout is committed to inclusive excellence and is actively seeking applications from individuals from diverse groups. In compliance with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act, employment will be contingent upon a criminal background check.
It is the policy of UW-Stout to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance, or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact us using the information below. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual's disability.
Unless confidentiality is requested, names of applicants must be released upon request. Finalists cannot be guaranteed confidentiality.
For campus safety information and crime statistics, visit:
TO ENSURE CONSIDERATION:
Screening of applications will begin on 1/28/2013, however screening may continue until the position is filled.
Competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. Minimum salary for Academic Librarian is $47,381. The UW System provides an excellent benefits package including participation in the Wisconsin State retirement plan.
- Benefit Details: http://www.wisconsin.edu/hr/benefits/uben.pdf
- Total Compensation Estimator:
The tentative start date for this position is March 25, 2013.
Full job description is available at: http://www.uwstout.edu/content/lib/referencepd.pdf
Your online application will not be considered complete until all required documents are attached and all required fields are completed. Please note: Once you have attached your materials and submitted your application you will not be able to go into the system and change them.
Please be sure you have included the following documents:
- Cover letter specifically addressing your qualifications
- Current resume
- Names and contact information for three current references
- Unofficial copies of graduate transcripts
Becca Peters, Search and Screen Committee Chair
University of Wisconsin-Stout values diversity of people, ideas and experiences. University of Wisconsin-Stout is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer.
© Copyright 2015 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.