Job Seekers, Sign In
Admissions Counselor « Position Deleted on 2/05/2013 »
|Institution:||North Carolina Wesleyan College|
|Location:||Rocky Mount, NC|
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
|Salary:||$27,500 USD Per Year|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsBASIC FUNCTION
Serve as area manager for an assigned territory which involves: market research, planning and implementing travel, extensive telemarketing efforts, interviewing prospective students and their parents, and communicating with high school guidance counselors to recruit incoming freshman.
- Recruits students year round with heavy travel during the fall; cultivates prospective students by coordinating private visits with high schools, boarding schools, as well as college fairs, conferences and College Night programs. Communicate and maintain positive rapport with guidance counselors and alumni.
- Develop territory plan to enroll prospective students as a part of the stated enrollment goals of North Carolina Wesleyan College and the Division of Enrollment.
- Interview prospective students and their parents including appointments on Saturdays and evenings.
- Review and evaluate credentials of applicants for admission decisions.
- Correspond via telecounseling and email with prospective students and applicants from assigned territory.
- Responsible for reporting all territory travel information in a timely manner including: collecting travel information (college fairs, private visits); sending confirmations out before deadlines; check requisitions (when applicable); making copies of travel itinerary available to the admission staff. Responsible for the evaluation of college fairs and private visits in order to assess for future travel planning.
- Assist in seasonal efforts as part of divisional effort to include on and off campus events and telemarketing programs.
- Provide the Director of Admission a written weekly travel report of activities that include visits made, fairs attended, number of students contacted, professional contacts and phone calls made to prospects and applicants.
- Provide a monthly benchmark report to the Director of Admissions.
- Develop a year-end report of all recruitment territory evaluations.
- Assist the Vice President of Enrollment to reach and/or surpass divisional enrollment goals.
- Position requires a minimum of a bachelor's degree
- Excellent public relation and organizational skills, problem solving, communication skills and Computer literate
- Must be self-motivated with the ability to work independently and have positive attitude
- Valid driver's license and stamina for travel responsibilities
© Copyright 2015 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.