Energy Group Manager - Energy Management
Energy Group Manager directs the operations of the energy group which is responsible for the development, implementation, and monitoring of energy management activities across the University. This position directs, coordinates, and exercises functional authority for planning, organization, control, integration, and completion of energy related projects. The position has responsibility for coordination of all technical activities on assigned projects. Plans, schedules, conducts, and coordinates assigned energy management work; monitors work for compliance to applicable codes, accepted technical practices, and University standards. Ensures effective communication and coordination on assigned projects among all disciplines and all other project participants. Collaborates with master planning efforts. Assures adherence to standards; solves engineering problems; serves in a public relations and advisory capacity.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology, Building Construction Management or related field.
- 10 years experience required in the area of building mechanical, electrical, or energy management systems, performing tasks including analysis, design, construction and commissioning.
- Experience in management or leadership of an engineering or energy management team required.
- Working knowledge of building mechanical and electrical systems required.
- Strong leadership, organizational and communication skills required.
- Must have demonstrated ability to act a a liaison between multiple parties.
- Must have the ability to solve complex problems, analyze, interpret and implement University policies and procedures.
- Must have the ability to effectively lead a diverse workforce and provide technical strategic direction for the energy management masterplan.
- Must have demonstrated ability to exemplify the qualities of a leader including integrity, trustworthiness, dependability, strategic thinking, and strong teamwork and diplomacy skills.
- Energy Manager Certification.
- Registered Professional Engineer.
- Administrative management experience including budget planning and control, administrative supervisory responsibilities, establishing policies, procedures and goals.
- Working knowledge of Primavera or similar software.
- Knowledge of negotiations, contract development, contract management, and procurement, particularly to public works and construction.
- Previous experience in a University setting.
A background check will be required for employment in this position.
FLSA: Exempt (Not eligible for overtime.)
Retirement Eligibility: Defined Contributions Immediately.
Purdue University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer.
Interested applicants should apply online by locating the position at