This position exists to promote the University and its programs to prospective students and
their influencers. This is accomplished by a coordinate effort in specified recruitment area that includes travel, direct mail, personalized
phoning and e-mails as well as hosting visitors on campus.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Manage Recruitment area and associated student files.
- Travel approximately 7 weeks in fall, 3 weeks in spring, and 2 weeks in summer for recruitment.
- Visit selected churches to develop rapport with youth director and/or pastor and to present IWU in formal and informal settings (i.e. youth group meetings, Sunday morning worship services, etc.)
- Schedule and conduct home visits with top prospective students in assigned territory as outlines in the recruitment manual.
- Visit public and Christian high schools, placing priority on contacts with students, guidance personnel, alumni, and other adult influencers.
- Schedule and host receptions in recruiting region. Coordinate the event with assistance from current students, alumni, parents and friends of IWU.
- Represent IWU at college fairs and conventions in recruiting regions to further develop IWU's recognition.
- Evaluate thoroughly all personal contacts. Seek to improve systems and methods of travel recruitment on an ongoing basis.
- Conduct prospective student interviews and tours.
- Maintain appropriate correspondence with guidance personnel, pastors, alumni, parents, and prospective students (i.e. confirmation letter, encouragement notes, thank you notes, phone contacts).
2. Host prospective students and their family members while visiting
3. Update annually knowledge of IWU campus (i.e. academics, spiritual climate, student ministries, student development services, co-curricular activities, etc.)
4. Report regularly to the Director of Admissions all completed tasks with evaluations and recommendations.
5. Upon request, assist the Admissions Core Management Team in carrying out admissions responsibilities.
Physical Demands: Light work, climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, lifting, fingering, talking, hearing, repetitive motions.
Visual Demands: Very heavy visual acuity.
1. Experience in working with the public.
2. IWU Alumnus preferred.
3. Excellent interpersonal skills for relating effectively with prospective students, guidance counselors, pastors, parents, etc.
Must be eligible for coverage on the University's Automobile Insurance Policy.
According to Indiana Wesleyan University employment policy all employees must possess a strong Christian commitment and adhere to the standards outlined in the IWU Community Lifestyle Statement.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. In addition, nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any anytime.