Job Seekers, Sign In
PT Faculty - Math « Position Deleted on 1/07/2013 »
|Institution:||Kendall College - Chicago|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobs
Kendall College is currently seeking part-time, adjunct instructors for the winter 2013 quarter, which begins Monday, January 7 and ends March 25. Classes run for ten weeks and meet during the day twice a week, either Monday/Wednesday or Tuesday/Thursday, or online.
Sections of the following course are available.
MTH 016 Developmental Mathematics (meets T/R 8:30am-10:10am)
The goal of this course is to prepare students to take college-level math courses. Therefore, the class focuses on skills (mainly, basic math and pre-algebra) that are necessary to succeed in these future courses. Students will be prepared for the Placement Test, and ultimately their future math classes, by solving basic mathematical exercises, as well as completing several application questions that require effective communication of mathematical information. This non-transferable course is only eligible for credit at Kendall College. In addition, this course does not count toward a student's degree.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Teaching of courses as assigned.
- Attendance at one-on-one meetings with the Dean of General Education.
- Development of curriculum with the school faculty and Dean of General Education and assessment of curriculum with the school faculty, Dean of General Education, college curriculum committee and Provost.
- Development of coursework and updating course materials to keep courses at the leading edge of knowledge in the disciplines.
- Engaging in on-going personal professional and faculty development.
- Providing student support for every aspect of learning in the form of regular office hours, tutorial assistance, coaching and career and academic assistance and advice.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Masters Degree (PhD preferred)
- At least one year teaching experience
- Ability both to teach and to motivate
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in teams
© Copyright 2015 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.