Business Systems Analyst, #S03806
Position Deleted on 1/04/2013. This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobs.
- Admin - Business and Financial Services
- Admin - Computing - Database Administration
|Organization:||Administration & Fiscal Services|
Job Title: Business Systems Analyst
Position #: S03806
Location: Central Services/Rockville
Salary: $55,952.00 - $75,545.60 per year
Online applications must be received by Thursday, January 3, 2013
Montgomery College, Office of Audit/Business Process Management, has need for a full-time Business Systems Analyst position, #S03806. Work schedule is Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. 5:00 p.m., and may include occasional evening and weekend hours.
Job Summary: Position will assess areas within the College and allocate resources to ensure financial and managerial compliance as well as ensure processes are executed/implemented in an effective and efficient manner according to established standards. Work with stakeholders and other constituents to develop and analyze the College's tangible efforts to prevent, detect, and otherwise respond appropriately to inappropriate behavior associated with the actions of those working on behalf of the College. Develop system tools to define and monitor areas of risk and mitigate potential issues. Use system based tools to document current processes including preparation of flowcharts. Identify significant deficiencies and material weaknesses related to internal controls; recommend changes to internal controls including follow-up, flowcharts and manuals. Evaluate, review and make recommendations to processes that are not effective or efficient as it relates to risk. Plan and schedule projects and project teams; establish process redesign methodology to simplify projects; analyze and design techniques for redesign teams to use in the course of a project; document project phases as well as observations, conclusions and changes to processes including preparation of flowcharts to visually see the flow of information; recommend changes to processes. Provide support and maintenance for business systems (including but not limited to Banner, Touchnet, Appman, Taleo, ImageNow). Ensure accurate, timely and efficient business processing in accordance with the College's policies, procedures, professional, established standards, regulations and collective bargaining agreements. Maintain tables, forms and records within specific Banner modules and other interrelated systems. Ensure tables, forms, records and data support end user and customer functions. Troubleshoot problems which impede accuracy, effectiveness or ease of use and escalate when necessary. Generate ad hoc and routine reports using Crystal Reports and other end user report writing tools. Analyze data, interpret trends and present in professional formats to key stakeholders. Coordinate and/or tests upgrades, new releases and enhancements to the designated business system. Create and maintain user documentation; train end-users. Develop tools to monitor data and data process patterns. Provide support for various types of application projects as well as web, database design and development. Create complex queries using SQL and PL/SQL programming.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, accounting, finance, information technology or related field, and/or any combination of education, training and experience providing understanding of the field and the ability to perform the duties of the job.
- Minimum of four years experience working with relational database or data warehouse systems, extracting data using reporting tools.
- Knowledge of and ability to use office technology (software, computers, printers), including proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of relational database management; systems, theory and concepts of business intelligence management tools.
- Knowledge of data warehouse design theories and concepts. Knowledge of report writing tools (Crystal Reports, Web Intelligence, and Xcelsius).
- Knowledge of data retrieval, updating databases and SQL programming language.
- Knowledge of relevant College policies and procedures.
- Ability to enter and retrieve data from databases, supplying data in logical representations (spreadsheets, tables, pictographs, etc.) for subsequent analysis by stakeholders.
- Working knowledge of Banner; ability to extract information from Banner using report writing applications.
- Excellent leadership and customer service skills as well as the ability to lead, instruct, train, guide and motivate others.
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbally and in writing), and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to gather user requirements and translate into technical specifications.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work independently as well as with multiple teams (including academic and IT teams).
- Strong analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain customer relationships; build credibility and trust.
- Ability to assess technical situations and decisions and interface with technicians to convey optimal solutions.
- Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States and not require employer visa sponsorship.
- Online applications must be received by Thursday, January 3, 2013.
- The application process includes 10 steps.
- Step 10 is a Summary of your information. You can update and edit information up to the closing date for the receipt of applications for a specific job announcement.
- For consideration, you must:
- include dates of employment in your application or attachment;
- complete a set of pre-screening questions (Step 4);
- failure to complete the pre-screening questions or to e-sign your; application will automatically result in your elimination from consideration for this position, and
- e-sign your application (Step 9)
- Completion of a background check.
- Participation in a retirement plan
- Submission of an official transcript of an earned degree.
Montgomery College is a tobacco-free workplace.
For disability related accommodations please call 240-567-5353 or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org at least two weeks in advance.
Montgomery College is an academic institution that is committed to equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.
Montgomery College is an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering a diverse academic community among its student body, faculty, and staff.
© Copyright 2015 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.