Postdoctoral Research Fellow
- Admin - Laboratory and Research
- Faculty - Engineering - Industrial & Manufacturing
Location: North Dakota State University, Fargo, ND Campus
The Department of Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering at North Dakota State University invites applications for a 12-month, postdoctoral fellowship. In addition to working with project personnel, the postdoctoral fellow will mentor graduate assistants, teach one undergraduate course per semester, and write grant proposals and research articles. The salary is competitive, and the appointment can be extended contingent on funding. For further information contact Dr. Canan Bilen-Green ( firstname.lastname@example.org).
North Dakota State University is an equal opportunity employer and strongly committed to achieving diversity among its faculty and staff. NDSU is an NSF ADVANCE institution. Women and other traditionally underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
Candidates must have
1) a PhD degree in Industrial Engineering or a related field;
2) demonstrated record of scholarship in quality engineering, prepare publications for refereed journals, and present research results at technical meetings;
3) evidence of ability to teach at the undergraduate level;
4) strong oral and written communication skills, including demonstrated ability to work/collaborate with others.
Preference will be given to candidates with demonstrated 1) ability to collaborate on interdisciplinary projects; 2) expertise in multivariate statistics; and 3) experience with writing grant proposals.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Provide a statement on your teaching philosophy (2-page maximum).
Provide a statement on your future research plans (2-page maximum).
Be sure to include contact information (including telephone numbers and email addresses) for three professional references.
Questions regarding the search may be sent to email@example.com.
This is a 12-month position but can be extended contingent on additional funding.
This position is exempt from North Dakota Veteran's Preference requirements.