Reading Instructor- Part-time Faculty (WDCE)
Position Deleted on 1/18/2013. This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobs.
- Faculty - Liberal Arts - English as Second Language
- Faculty - Liberal Arts - Linguistics
- Admin - Adult and Continuing Education Programs
This is an opportunity to empower students to change their lives and enrich our community.
Montgomery College has endless possibilities!
Montgomery College is a dynamic, diverse institution, with students from over 170 countries, located in a diverse county of nearly one million residents. Montgomery College is committed to equal opportunity.
The Montgomery College Adult ESOL & Literacy-GED TESOL Training Institute is currently accepting applications for possible openings as a part-time faculty member teaching Reading skills to ESOL Learners. We are seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated teacher who exhibits a high degree of professionalism, a strong commitment to our students, and demonstrates the ability to motivate and educate in an engaging manner.
Montgomery College accepts applications for Adjunct/Part-time Faculty on a continuous basis. Applications may be reviewed periodically based on the student enrollment needs.
- The listing of a course in the
schedule of classes as TBA does not constitute an assignment.
- The hiring decision for part-time faculty involves an academic judgment and shall be determined at Management s sole discretion.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Montgomery College is seeking an adjunct instructor for its TESOL Training Institute, an integrated series of noncredit TESOL course for those interested in training to become ESOL teachers for adult students. The instructor will be responsible for teaching a 40 hour course in Teaching Reading Skills to ESOL Learners.
The instructor will:
- create a curriculum for trainee teachers which focuses on teaching reading
skills to ESOL learners
- teach, evaluate and grade teacher trainees
- abide by all college policies and procedures
- M.A. TESOL, M.A. Linguistics, M.A. Reading or M. Ed Adult Education.
- Experience teaching Reading in an educational
- Two years of experience teaching adult ESOL.
- Experience working with a diverse adult student population.
- Proven experience in delivery of high quality instruction.
- Applicants for this position must attach a cover letter
and curriculum vitae.
- Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States and not require employer visa sponsorship.
- A Master s Degree in TESOL or Education with coursework in ESOL Methodology, Teaching Reading
and/or Second Language Acquisition.
- Completion of a TESOL certificate program.
- Teaching experience in Adult ESOL.
- Experience as a teacher trainer.
- Completion of a background check.
- Submission of an official transcript of an earned degree.
- Submission of three letters of professional reference.
- Create the Montgomery College online employment profile/application.
- After you complete your profile, please be sure you have
applied to this position.
- You may also send a resume and cover letter directly to Nancy.email@example.com
- The application process
includes 10 steps.
- Step 10 is a Summary of your information.
- For consideration, you must:
- include dates of employment in your application or attachment;
- complete a set of pre-screening questions (Step 4);
- e-sign your application (Step 9)
Montgomery College is a tobacco-free workplace.
For disability related accommodations please call 240-567-5353 or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org at least two weeks in advance.
Montgomery College is an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering a diverse academic community among its student body, faculty, and staff.
© Copyright 2015 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.