Job Seekers, Sign In
Career/Employment Instructor (WDCE) - Part-time « Position Deleted on 1/29/2013 »
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobs
This is an opportunity to empower students to change their lives and enrich our community.
Montgomery College has endless possibilities!
Montgomery College is a dynamic, diverse institution, with students from over 170 countries, located in a diverse county of nearly one million residents. Montgomery College is committed to equal opportunity.
The Montgomery College Lifelong Learning Institute is currently accepting applications for possible openings as a part-time faculty member teaching Career/Employment for 50 adults. We are seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated teacher who exhibits a high degree of professionalism, a strong commitment to our students, and demonstrates the ability to motivate and educate in an engaging manner.
Montgomery College accepts applications for Adjunct/Part-time Faculty on a continuous basis. Applications may be reviewed periodically based on the student enrollment needs.
- The listing of a course in the schedule of classes as
TBA does not constitute an assignment.
- The hiring decision for part-time faculty involves an academic judgment and shall be determined at Management s sole discretion.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Present classes/workshops on career exploration, employment search topics and post-retirement
options for individuals 50 . Deliver material in professional and competent manner.
- Recruit and invite guest speakers as needed for
- Developed course syllabus and content.
- Engage students in active learning and group activities.
- Perform class administrative responsibilities as assigned by the program.
- M.S. degree in Counseling (or related field) or Career
Coaching Certification or Outplacement experience.
- Experience in working with mature adults at least 3 years.
- Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States and not require employer visa sponsorship.
- Corporate experience.
- Experience with Federal Employment Search training delivery.
- Completion of a background check.
- Submission of an official transcript of an earned degree.
- Submission of three letters of professional reference.
- Create the Montgomery College online employment profile/application.
- After you complete your profile, please be sure you have
applied to this position.
- The application process includes 10 steps.
- Step 10 is a Summary of your information.
- For consideration, you must:
- include dates of employment in your application or attachment;
- complete a set of pre-screening questions (Step 4);
- e-sign your application (Step 9)
Montgomery College is a tobacco-free
For disability related accommodations please call 240-567-5353 or send an email to: email@example.com at least two weeks in advance.
Montgomery College is an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering a diverse academic community among its student body, faculty, and staff.
© Copyright 2015 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.