Job Seekers, Sign In
Assistant Vice President for Academic & Student Affairs « Position Deleted on 1/13/2013 »
|Institution:||UNC General Administration (UNC System Office)|
|Location:||Chapel Hill, NC|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsAssistant Vice President for Academic & Student Affairs
UNC General Administration (UNC System Office), Chapel Hill, NC. The Assistant Vice President is instrumental in the day-to-day operations of the division and serves as the manager of the division in the absence of the Senior Associate Vice President.
This position will provide the successful candidate with an exciting opportunity to shape the future direction of programs designed to increase access, outreach, and retention throughout North Carolina, and to provide leadership for special projects that represent innovative collaborations among constituent institutions, the North Carolina Community College System, the independent colleges and universities in North Carolina, the North Carolina Department of Public Instruction, and with other constituencies. The position will have primary responsibility for:
- Working with campus administrators on the implementation of policies and regulations regarding all aspects of academic and student affairs.
- Directly working with campus leaders and provide leadership to the Career Services, Judicial Affairs, Disability Services, and Counseling Services.
- Implementing innovative initiatives that support the Division of Student Affairs and Enrollment Management's mission to create a learning outcome oriented community.
- Overseeing statewide college access and success programs.
- Overseeing UNC transfer articulation efforts.
- Working closely with campus admissions and enrollment managers.
- Managing student and faculty complaints.
- Monitoring the Expulsion and Suspension database.
- Working closely with committees focusing on community college transfer, minimum course requirements, enrollment and other admission issues.
- Coordinating UNC system-wide strategies for enhancing student success through retention and graduation rates initiatives.
- Overseeing and collaborating with institutions and organizations seeking additional funding for major projects (e.g., Minority Male Initiative, statewide pre-college network, statewide pre-college tracking system).
For job details and to complete the online EPA Applicant Data form & attach a cover letter and current resume, please visit: https://uncgacareers.northcarolina.edu
UNC General Administration is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
© Copyright 2015 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.