Job Seekers, Sign In
Head of Special Collections, Langsdale Library « Position Deleted on 1/10/2013 »
|Institution:||University of Baltimore|
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
|Salary:||$65,000 to $68,000 USD Per Year|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsHead of Special Collections, Langsdale Library
University of Baltimore
Vacancy Number: 2013-017
Faculty position with benefits package
Apply by 01/18/2013 for best consideration; position is open until filled.
Annual Salary: $65,000 - $68,000
The University of Baltimore's Langsdale Library is seeking a Head of Special Collections to provide leadership in the administration and operation of the department, supervising two full-time archivists, one contract professional employee, student assistants, interns and volunteers. The successful candidate will direct the department in developing and implementing a strategic vision that is closely aligned with the library and the University's strategic plan. This includes outreach in the community and actively engaging in seeking and acquiring grant funding for special projects. He/she will oversee the work of the University Archivist in support of the University Archives Program and the local history archivist to support management of the Baltimore Regional Studies Archives. The Head of Special Collections will also oversee the department's initiative to systematically create metadata and catalog digital collections into the library's catalog and content management system for greater access and discovery. He/she will work closely with other department heads to integrate Special Collections into reference and instruction. This full-time faculty appointment actively participates on University of Baltimore and University System of Maryland and Affiliated Institution (USMAI) committees and task groups. Employment offer is contingent on final position funding.
- Master's degree from a program accredited by the American Library Association.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible experience in an academic or research library special collections department.
- Successful administrative or supervisory experience in a collaborative work environment
- Demonstrated experience in grant writing.
- Experience in archival collections management.
- Demonstrated awareness of new models of scholarship and instruction using archival materials and demonstrated use of technology in teaching and learning.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with colleagues
- Ability to support the work of a diverse range of visiting scholars and University students, staff, and faculty.
- Knowledge of current/emerging archival description standards and access systems for physical and digital holdings.
UB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/ADA Compliant Employer & Title IX Institution.
© Copyright 2015 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.