The Illinois Mathematics and Science Academy® (IMSA) is seeking applications for the position of Facilities Manager. This position is responsible for supervising the activities of the 18-person custodial, grounds-keeping, and maintenance mechanic staffs. This department maintains facilities totaling 330,000 square feet, comprising the principal academic building and seven residence halls, as well as the Academy's 12-vehicle fleet of minivans, small buses, and utility vehicles. This individual is also is responsible for managing a total budget of approximately $3 million, which includes contracting for campus utilities, purchasing office and residence hall furniture, and managing the Academy's long-term facilities plan. In addition, the manager supervises the two-person loading dock, mail room, and copy center staff. This position reports to and is evaluated by the Vice President for Business and Finance.
The internationally recognized Illinois Mathematics and Science Academy® (IMSA) develops creative, ethical leaders in science, technology, engineering and mathematics. As a teaching and learning laboratory created by the State of Illinois, IMSA enrolls academically talented Illinois students (grades 10-12) in its advanced, residential college preparatory program, and it serves thousands of educators and students in Illinois and beyond through innovative instructional programs that foster imagination and inquiry. IMSA also advances education through research, groundbreaking ventures and strategic partnerships. ( www.imsa.edu)
The Facilities Manager will be responsible for but not limited to fulfilling these essential accountabilities:
- Management of Facilities Services staff of 19 employees
- Oversee work schedules, daily supervision, training, and employee evaluations, as performed by supervisors
- Financial and procurement management
- Facilities planning and capital project oversight (An extensive renovation of our seven residence halls currently is scheduled to take place during summer, 2014)
- Facilities preventive maintenance and replacement scheduling
- Contributing to space utilization analysis
- Other duties, as assigned
The skills and experience required of the Facilities Manager include:
- 10 years' facilities management experience, including preventive maintenance, replacement, and long-term planning
- Extensive knowledge of facilities equipment operations and maintenance requirements
- Familiarity with facilities safety and other certification requirements
- Project management experience, especially capital projects
- 5 to 7 years' supervisory experience
- Budgeting and financial management experience
- Residential school experience strongly preferred
- Fleet management experience
- Government procurement experience
- Previous Experience with Capital Development Board (CDB) projects
- Customer service training or experience very desirable
The position of Facilities Manager is a full-time, 12-month, employment-at-will, exempt position. Salary and benefits are commensurate with training and experience expected at this level of employment. The Illinois Mathematics and Science Academy offers a comprehensive benefits package including health and retirement benefits. The State Universities Retirement System (SURS) is reciprocal with other Illinois retirement systems such as the Teachers' Retirement Systems of Illinois (TRS).
Applicants must submit a letter of interest, resume and three current professional references to: Illinois Mathematics and Science Academy, Attn: Steve Zant, Job Code: SL-FACMGR-HEJ, 1500 Sullivan Road, Aurora, IL 60506, (630) 907-5909. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until this position has been filled. We are seeking a diverse applicant pool.