Job Seekers, Sign In
Fine and Performing Arts Technician « Position Deleted on 2/09/2013 »
|Institution:||Morgan State University|
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsFine and Performing Arts Department
TECHNICIAN POSITION IN FINE AND PERFORMING ARTS DEPARTMENT
About the Department: The Morgan State University Department of Fine and Performing Arts offers undergraduate degrees in Music, Theatre Arts, and Visual Arts, with a graduate program in Music. Of Morgan's nearly 8,000 students, approximately three hundred twenty-five (325) students are Fine and Performing Arts majors.
The Fine and Performing Arts Department is located in the Carl J. Murphy Fine Arts Center, which supports the departmental programs and productions and brings cultural events to the College and the northeast corridor of Baltimore. The department's productions consists of award winning scripts performed in the Turpin-Lamb Theater (271 seats); Recital Hall (167 seats); and, the Gilliam Concert Hall (2036 seats) a state of the art Performing Arts Center. The technician position would support academic related events in the Murphy Center including Departmental productions, Theatre Morgan Productions, Recitals given in the Recital Hall and assist in University activities planned across campus in the Murphy Fine Arts Center.
Full-Time Staff Position as Fine and Performing Arts Technician
Appointment: An appointment beginning January 2013. Salary dependant upon qualifications.
- Be responsible for management and supervision of all Theater Morgan's production operations
- Supervise in consult with the Artist Director/Coordinator of Theatre Arts production staff, including, but not limited to: designer, production staff and crew, electricians, carpenters, stage manager, productions assistants and wardrobe personnel
- Analyze all designs to determine feasibility of execution with the allotted time, money and personnel available
- Develop and supervise Theatre Morgan production budgets along with the Coordinator
- Create and negotiate staff, artist and crew contracts along with the Coordinator
- Create and manage Theatre Morgan season performance and production calendar along with the Coordinator
- Be responsible for assisting technical requirements of the Fine and Performing Arts Departmental productions including assisting with recitals in Music Area and Opera workshop
- Be available to coordinate events in Turpin Lamb Theatre with Murphy Fine Arts Center staff
Applications: Send letter of application, resume, official transcripts, and three letters of reference to:
Dr. Eric Conway, Chair
Fine and Performing Arts Department
Morgan State University
1700 E. Cold Spring Lane
Baltimore, Maryland 21251
Deadline: January 7, 2013 or until filled.
© Copyright 2015 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.