Temporary- Site Coordinator Elmhurst (CTD) Summer Program
Temporary- Elmhurst Site coordinator
This position is full time while classes are in session on Elmhurst College campus from June 25 to July 28th 2013 with additional training and prep responsibilities. Classes are in session on the Elmhurst College campus from June 25 - July 26. This position pays $4,500 to $4,800 per summer depending on experience.
Please complete additional documents by going to: http://www.northwestern.edu/hr/policies-forms/forms/hiring/index.html and selecting (2013 Summer Staff Supplemental Application).
For any questions please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Summary: This position is located on the Elmhurst College Campus
The Elmhurst site coordinator (SC) is responsible for logistical and resource management of Center for Talent Development's (CTD) Summer Program at its Elmhurst College site. The SC collaborates with Summer Program administrators, the Elmhurst academic coordinator and Elmhurst College staff to plan for and handle day-to-day management of student and staff safety and issues relating to classroom, lab, recreational and parking space, technology and food service. In addition, the Elmhurst SC sets a professional tone for the program and serves as a positive role model for staff and students.
- Review all program, site and staff materials provided and return all completed paperwork as requested
- Attend staff training
- Follow and enforce all CTD rules concerning staff conduct, appropriate dress, program procedures included in staff handbooks or communicated by program coordinator
- Uphold and promote the CTD Honor Code
- Respond to parent and staff calls promptly on CTD-issued mobile phone
- Assume program related responsibilities as reasonably requested by program coordinator
- Clarify expectations and responsibilities of Elmhurst staff regarding health, safety and emergency procedures, student supervision, scheduling, supplies and other logistics by facilitating training in collaboration with Elmhurst academic coordinator
- Respond in a positive and supportive manner to staff questions, concerns and needs regarding health, safety and emergency procedures, scheduling, supplies or other logistics
- Supervise Elmhurst office assistant
- Oversee planning and supervision of lunch time and after-class recreational activities carried out by teaching assistants
- Observe and document classroom instructional practices as requested, providing feedback to Elmhurst academic coordinator
- Provide timely, meaningful and constructive feedback to staff regarding performance of non-academic duties
- Address staff conduct issues according to CTD procedures as necessary
- Access student and staff information as necessary using CTD database
- Prepare health, safety and logistical training sessions for Elmhurst staff
- Monitor weather information and communicate with families and staff regarding the implementation of contingency plans as necessary
- Liaise with Elmhurst College staff as necessary
- Provide ongoing feedback regarding logistical issues to program coordinator
- Communicate with parents regarding drop-off, pick-up procedures, parent orientations and Expos
- Respond to parent inquiries regarding any logistical or safety concerns within one day
Logistics and Resource Management
- Plan and oversee student drop-off /pick-up and attendance documentation
- Plan and oversee distribution of instructional and recreational supplies and resources, including photocopying and access to indoor and outdoor spaces
- Secure and manage technology equipment and support, including access to computer hardware, networks and troubleshooting
- Bachelor's degree in education or related field and three to five years teaching experience required
- Master's degree and Type 75 certification preferred
- Effective interpersonal and organizational skills and supervisory experience required
- Experience working in a fast-paced academic setting preferred
- Conflict management, customer service and evaluation experience highly desired
- Strong work ethic and commitment to teamwork required
- Experience with FileMaker Pro or other databases preferred
Northwestern University is an equal opportunity employer and strongly believes in creating an environment that welcomes students, faculty and staff of all races, nationalities and religions. In doing so, we offer our students the opportunity to learn and grow in diverse communities preparing them for successful careers in an increasingly global and diverse work force.
For consideration, please click on the link below. You will be directed to Northwestern University's electronic recruiting system, eRecruit, where you will search and apply for current openings. To apply for this position in eRecruit, enter the Job Opening ID number in the appropriate search field. Once you apply, you will receive an email confirming submission of your resume. For all resumes received, if there is interest in your candidacy, the human resources recruiter or the department hiring manager will contact you.
Job Opening ID number for this position is #20404 http://www.northwestern.edu/hr/careers/
Please complete a supplemental application and resume and attached application.
"As per Northwestern University policy, this position requires a criminal background check. Successful applicants will need to submit to a criminal background check prior to employment."