Information Technology Technical Associate
- Admin - Computing - Programming/Analyst
- Admin - Computing - Support and Training
Job Summary/Responsibilities: The web analyst will work closely with web developers, designers, and information architects. The web analyst offers ideas regarding structure, design, deployment of websites and software tools. The web analyst is also responsible for statistics and data collection for a website which range from website visits to performance of web server. He/she also reviews the system reports generated from analytics software. This position analyzes and measures keyword density, link management and search engine optimization statistics. This position then uses his or her expertise and independent decision making skills to identify trends or key performance metrics amongst all of the data collected to provide reports to the Director to inform web and social media strategy decisions.
Web Analysts are "the key players in the extraction and presentation of effective information from raw data". There is no shortage of data arising from the internet however Web Analysts must use their technical skills, understanding of the business, and knowledge of the needs of the customers of the business, to prepare and present information that forms the basis of key decisions. Experience in gathering and understanding technical and non-technical requirements from business units and designing suitable technical solutions is a must. This position will need experience in tailoring communication to a variety of audiences, including staff across all departments in the University, from support staff to directors, with varying levels of technical knowledge.
The key success for a Web Analyst is data-driven decision making, encouraging organizational buy-in for usage of analytics, communicating information, and selecting the right solutions for the business needs. This position must be able to handle multiple tasks and to switch priorities and focuses as needed. Exhibits high degree of pro-activeness in analyzing customer behavior using available data to influence changes on the website. This position should understand the complex web ecosystems and best practices and apply this knowledge to their work.
Exposure to project management skills is a plus.
1. BS/BA in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business, Marketing, or degree with a quantitative focus
2. At least two years progressively more responsible work experience in IT-related profession
3. At least three years of experience in using the Microsoft Office suite with very strong Excel skills
5. Experience working with analytical software (e.g. Google Analytics)
6. Excellent communication skills and ability to interact with all levels of end users and technical resources
7. This is a security sensitive position. Comprehensive criminal background investigations will be conducted.
- Experience with Advanced Excel or SPSS
- Experience in advanced web analytics methodologies such as experimentation and testing, competitive analysis, surveys and market research
- Experience with PHP and SQL
- Expertise in the SEM (Search Engine Marketing) / PPC (Pay Per Click) and SEO (Search Engine Optimization) strategies measuring success of SEM/PPC and SEO campaigns / efforts
If you are a veteran, you will be required to submit a copy of your DD-214 (official discharge paperwork) if you become a final candidate for this position. You will be notified by e-mail of this request.
Please upload a resume, cover letter and a list of three business references with name/mailing address/title/phone number.
The active register for this classification will be voided after 2/01/2013 or when the position is filled.
This is a security sensitive position. Comprehensive criminal background investigations will be conducted.
Proposed Start Date: January 2013
Salary: Commensurate with experience