Instructional Designer (FY13-21)
The Instructional Designer works with faculty content experts to design and develop course and class materials for web-based and web-hybrid courses as well as other alternatively delivered instructional formats (credit and non-credit); assists faculty, staff, and other content experts in the selection and development of appropriate instructional strategies for Internet and other alternatively delivered instructional products; and works with faculty and staff to provide them with the pedagogical consultation, instructional design support, and software instruction needed to develop successful and effective distance learning courses and workshops. The instructional designer maintains currency in distance learning technologies and implement as feasible. The instructional must also be a dynamic trainer, responsible for designing and conducting faculty training on distance learning technologies and teaching pedagogies.
The work schedule for this position is 40 hours per week, Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Flexibility is required.
When applying for this position, please be prepared to answer the following questions:
- Please describe your experience designing college online courses.
- Do you have experience with Blackboard 9.1?
The College of Southern Maryland conducts background checks in order to insure the safety and well-being of the college's staff and students. The final candidate for this position will be subject to the following background check: Criminal History Check.
This position is open until filled. You may still apply for this position. The position will be removed from the website once it has been filled. You may see the "Frequently Asked Questions" page for a detailed explanation of the process for an open until filled position. The College of Southern Maryland is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Required Skills
- Master's degree required. Preferred fields of study for degree: instructional design, educational technology, and computer assisted design or a related field. At least one year experience in one of these fields required. Extensive experience designing online college courses accepted in lieu of Master's being in one of the fields above.
- College online teaching experience
- Demonstrated creativity, skill and experience in multimedia design and production, web page creation and collaboration with faculty/content experts required.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and solve highly complex technical problems spanning a wide range of topics from databases and networks to web-based operations and functionality.
- Experience in integrating technology into instruction offered at a distance.
- Well-developed understanding of microcomputers, servers, databases, networks, and multimedia hardware and software.
- Experience with a variety of media development tools (i.e., Dreamweaver, Flash, Acrobat, scripting languages, and multimedia streaming technologies) is required.
- Experience with Blackboard.
- Experience with image editing and video editing software and hardware.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required.
- Understanding of college-level course design and instruction in traditional formats required.
- High level of expertise with software that facilitates the design of instruction (storyboards, flow charts, assessments, etc.).
- Participate in professional development activities in order to keep abreast of new developments in the instructional uses of technology and help present reports on ITC initiatives.
- Strong and comprehensive oral, written, and interpersonal skills and the ability to deal effectively with multiple constituencies.
- Structured and organized thinker who executes well against plan, with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
Please apply online: http://csmd.silkroad.com/epostings/submit.cfm?fuseaction=app.dspjob&jobid=303365&company_id=15554&jobboardid=101