Job Seekers, Sign In
Associate Dean for Arts and Sciences « Position Deleted on 3/14/2013 »
|Location:||River Grove, IL|
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
|Salary:||$65,000 USD Per Year|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsI. ESSENTIAL FUNCTION OF POSITION
Assists with providing advanced administrative leadership to Arts and Sciences areas; provides professional and technical support to faculty, administrators, and staff on a variety of projects. Assists with coordinating special projects and grant initiatives. Other major functions may include providing support in the development, revision, implementation, and evaluation of existing and new programs with area high schools and universities, administering grant programs and other types of educational programs, providing necessary guidance to ensure compliance with state, regulatory and accrediting agencies.
Provide academic and administrative leadership for College Readiness and College Orientation offerings. Provide administrative support to appropriate faculty and staff. Facilitates the academic preparedness and success of students and promotes accountability for participation in student success efforts throughout the college and the community.
Masters degree or higher in one of the disciplines represented within the division or in education or educational administration.
One to three years teaching experience in higher education. One to three years of administrative experience in a higher education. Experience with curriculum design, development, implementation and assessment.
Demonstrated knowledge, understanding and commitment to the philosophy of a comprehensive community college; familiarity with academic programs and services. Familiarity with personnel and business office procedures. Awareness of Illinois curriculum, articulation, and transfer rules and regulations. Knowledge of trends and best practices with regard to developmental education. Knowledge of diagnostic assessment and placement as related to developmental education. Appreciation of diversity and promotion of multicultural awareness.
Ability to identify, evaluate and communicate essential student data as well as formulate student success initiatives based on that data. Ability to work collaboratively with faculty and staff. Ability to maintain a broad institutional perspective and to think strategically. Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
1. The Associate Dean will lead developmental education and college orientation curricula/programming in collaboration with other areas; define educational goals, objectives, assessment measures and methodologies in conjunction with faculty.
2. Conducts research and provides information and recommendations for administrative decision making in the Arts and Sciences Developmental Education area.
3. Monitors standard institutional reports including daily enrollment, revenue, tenth day, and makes recommendations to the Dean.
4. Coordinates record keeping system for courses and programs in Arts and Sciences; and assists the Chair of Developmental Education in data collection for program assessment and evaluation.
5. Develops grant proposals and assist with carrying out grant objectives.
6. Leads coordination and communication related to student success and engagement between disciplines whose faculty teach Developmental Education or College Orientation courses.
7. Collaborates with chairs and coordinators and assists in the development and support of new initiatives to increase student preparedness.
8. Coordinates programs and special projects as needed.
9. Assists the chair in the hiring and supporting of full time and adjunct faculty.
10. Prepares budget documents and monitors expenditures.
11. Assists the Dean in monitoring the maintenance of assigned buildings and supports chairs/coordinators in ensuring the proper maintenance of current equipment.
12. Facilitates the recruitment, selection, training, development and retention of Developmental Education and College Orientation faculty and staff. Create training and educational support materials in collaboration with the Center for Teaching Excellence.
13. Recommends policies and procedures to improve the placement, performance and retention of Developmental Education students; promote and support Developmental Education, selected academic success strategies and motivational services to foster a campus climate conducive to the success of students.
14. Lead activities such as workshops, seminars and/or other student success and engagement initiatives.
15. Participates in professional activities on the local, state and national levels.
16. In collaboration with the Dean of Arts & Sciences, assists with the delivery of the dual credit program.
17. Performs other duties as assigned by the Dean.
18. Serves on committees as assigned.
Triton College is committed to to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and a work environment which fosters respect for each individual and for the rights of others.
© Copyright 2015 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.