Job Seekers, Sign In
Business Officer « Position Deleted on 1/09/2013 »
|Institution:||Winston-Salem State University|
|Salary:||$44,322 to $54,170 USD Per Year|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsBrief Description of Duties: BUSINESS OFFICER
THIS IS A SPA POSITION.
THIS POSITION IS BEING RECRUITED AT THE CONTRIBUTING LEVEL.
This position will administer and manage the business and financial affairs of a department, unit, or organization. Responsibilities include facilitation and management of financial resources that may be state appropriated, contracts and grants, and/or receipt generated. Perform a range of financial and business related duties associated with specialized areas such as accounting, budgeting, auditing, and/or grants administration. Responsible for accounting/business standards and practices, policy interpretation/implementation, the organization of work, and the supervision of others.
Competencies: THIS POSITION IS BEING RECRUITED AT THE CONTRIBUTING LEVEL.
Functions assigned to the business officer role will include the following:
a. Coordinate all budgetary processes with Director of Housing and Residence Life, including the following:
i. Develop annual budget and submitting said budget to Director and University Budget Office in a timely manner.
ii. Analyze revenue and expenditures on an on-going basis, recommend adjustments as warranted.
iii. Develop and maintain 3, 5, and 10-year budget pro forma for our budget. To include tuition increases for students and projected expenditures.
iv. Insure that the department consistently follows all budgetary requirements mandated by state and/or university procedures. Establish good bookkeeping records for this department.
v. Manage fiscal policies and procedures for department.
vi. Monitor general ledger accounts and object codes for accuracy.
vii. Conduct budget-related education/training sessions for administrative and administrative support staff to keep everyone updated on all procedures and policies.
viii. Oversee all Housing and Residence Life purchasing operations.
ix. Review budget management system to maintain correct records in regard to purchases.
a. Process administrative paperwork as required, requisitions on-line, check request, etc.
b. Prepares annual reports and submits budget for housing and residence life. Prepare budget presentations for tuition increases, housing renovations, summer projects and regular maintenance projects.
c. Gathers, selects and compiles accounting clerical and statistical data of all spending in the department.
d. Maintains and supervise an inventory system for all items purchased in the department.
- Ability to independently manage well-defined business functions for a department unit or an organization.
- Ability to apply established policies and procedures related to business practices and internal control procedures.
- Ability to implement business practices and procedures that support the strategic goals of the organization.
- Ability to conduct financial management responsibilities in an organization primarily funded by consistent funding sources.
- General knowledge of the organization's accounting and budget procedures.
- Ability to compile and summarize financial data to participate in budget analysis and forecasting.
- May require the ability to function in a full supervisory role that includes the recruitment, selection, and salary management of employees or may require the ability to provide assistance in human resources matters to a higher-level manager in a large and more dynamic organizational unit.
- Ability to develop and/or implement work plans.
- Ability to conduct performance reviews for direct reports and address performance issues.
- Ability to identify, recognize, and resolve problems that have established precedents and limited impact.
- Refers non-standard questions and problems to higher levels.
- Ability to gather, organize, and analyze financial information and other data.
- Ability to review, examine, and prepare documents.
- Ability to develop written documents and/or reports conveying factual information, general guidelines, and standard procedures.
- Ability to communicate factual information, general guidelines, and standard procedures.
BACHELOR'S DEGREE IN BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION, PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION, OR RELATED BUSINESS AREA; OR EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF TRAINING AND
EXPERIENCE. ALL DEGREES MUST BE RECEIVED FROM APPROPRIATELY ACCREDITED INSTITUTIONS.
- CONTRIBUTING: BACHELOR'S DEGREE IN BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION, PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION, OR RELATED BUSINESS AREA; OR ASSOCIATE'S DEGREE AND TWO
- JOURNEY: BACHELOR'S DEGREE IN BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION, PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION, OR RELATED BUSINESS AREA AND TWO YEARS OF ADMINISTRATIVE MANAGEMENT OR BUSINESS MANAGEMENT EXPERIENCE.
- ADVANCED: BACHELOR'S DEGREE IN BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION, PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION, OR RELATED BUSINESS AREA AND THREE YEARS OF ADMINISTRATIVE MANAGEMENT OR BUSINESS MANAGEMENT EXPERIENCE.
Special Instructions: PLEASE NOTE: A criminal background check will be conducted on candidate finalist prior to the offer of employment.
"If no applicants apply who meet the required competency and T&E requirements, then management may consider other applicants. Salary would be determined based on competencies, equity, budget, and market considerations."
Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing an electronic application. The application must be competed in full detail (including work history) for your qualifications to be considered. Failure to complete the application completely may result in you not being considered for the vacant position.
Your application for the position will not be complete until you receive an online confirmation number at the end of the process of applying for a position.
Winston-Salem State University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.
© Copyright 2015 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.