Laboratory Instruction Manager - Civil Engineering
- Admin - Curriculum Design
- Admin - Laboratory and Research
Administer and manage laboratory operations in the School of Civil Engineering. Work with the faculty and teaching assistants to prepare laboratories for instruction, developing laboratory assignments, and conducting lab presentations. Assume responsibility for maintenance of instructional equipment and facilities; ensuring that equipment and necessary resources in laboratories are operational and available. Coordinate the use of labs for different groups and manage laboratory budget including purchases of needed lab equipment and supplies. Assist with development and implementation of research projects requiring laboratory and field experimental work. Serve as the primary safety officer for the school.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Two years experience in lab management, lab testing, and instruction.
- Basic technical competence in dealing with and trouble-shooting one or more the following: mechanical, electrical, electronic, and data acquisition systems that might be typically encountered in laboratory context.
- Excellent (verbal and written) communication skills with the ability to collaborate with faculty and lead lab sessions.
- Strong organization, time management, and scheduling skills.
- Decision making skills for purchasing equipment, monitoring the budget, and meeting compliance and regulations.
- Independent judgment and ability to learn independently.
- Ability to lift and carry 10 to 25 pounds frequently and 40 pounds occasionally.
- Advanced degree in CE, MET, ECET, ME or related engineering disciplines.
- Supervisor experience.
- ALL applicants must apply via Purdue's online recruitment system. No other applications will be accepted.
- A background check will be required for employment in this position.
- FLSA: Exempt (Not Eligible For Overtime)
- Retirement Eligibility: Defined Contribution Waiting Period.
- Purdue University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer.