Director of Admissions
|Division||The Art Institutes|
|Minimum Education Required||Bachelor's Degree|
|Location||Illinois Institute of Art - Chicago Chicago, IL 60654, US|
|Travel Required||0 - 20%|
The Director of Admissions will assist in related marketing, budgeting and support activities key to that team's performance and is responsible for achieving new student and start rate plans for their team. The incumbent may attend school Executive Committee (EC) meetings or be asked to provide input by special request but does not serve directly on the EC. Incumbent must assure that the EDMC philosophy: quality services to clients; development, growth, involvement, and recognition of employees; sound economic principles; and environment which is conducive to innovation, positive thinking and expansion - is considered in carrying out the duties and responsibilities of this position.
Key Job Elements:
- Achieve the new student plans for assigned team.
- Assist Campus Admissions Head in establishing and forecasting plans and class outcomes.
- Oversee hiring of admissions staff, maintaining staffing plans, and oversees and assists in the training, development, motivation, and ongoing management of such staff including quarterly reviews; new hire and veteran training; ongoing observations; turnover prevention via training and support provided.
- Responsible for conversions of inquiry to applicant, applicant to new student and for local inquiry generation and database marketing in conjunction with the primary Campus Admissions Head.
- Generate marketing plans to support inquiry conversion and applicant lock-in and ensures compliance with all school standards, ethical standards, and compliance with all federal, state and accreditation requirements.
- Assist in training and development of ADAs to ensure their overall success.
- Other duties as assigned.
Senior Admissions Director
Associate and Assistant Directors of Admissions (vary by student population)
Campus president, admissions specialist, svp new student recruitment; group vice president, admissions coordinators (and ac supervisor if staffed), information specialists, mailroom supervisor, enrollment processor, receptionist, admissions administrative assistants, mailroom assistants, and outside potential student populations.
- Bachelors degree in business or a related field required, with a Masters degree preferred.
- Seven years of increasingly responsible experience managing a sales effort, particularly admissions recruitment or intangible products.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with both faculty and student populations.
- Superior organizational and problem resolution skills.
- Strong expertise with MS Office as well as field related hardware and software packages and systems for reporting features.
- Ability to interact effectively as either a leader or as a member of a team and work collaboratively with other departments.
- Ability to listen to customers (e.g. staff, etc.) and to understand and respond positively to their requests.
- Ability to adapt to changing assignments and multiple priorities.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and successfully meet deadlines.
Candidates must be available to work evenings and Saturdays.Work Environment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term "qualified individual with a disability" means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of the position. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office or school, handle various types of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative and level of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Education Management Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success. We are committed to building and developing a diverse environment where a variety of ideas, cultures and perspectives can thrive.