NEESComm Visual Communications Specialist
- Admin - Public Relations, Marketing and Communications
- Admin - Computing - Web Development
Responsible for the construction of a comprehensive communication plan for the Network for Earthquake Engineering Simulation Community and Communications Center (NEEScomm); and an overarching Public Relations plan for the NEES Network. Consult with Center personnel and work independently to coordinate, develop and create written materials for funding agency reports; for the creation of PowerPoint presentations; and in the development of newsletters and educational materials for the NEES Community. Lead the production of the Center's quarterly and annual reports. Produce technical graphics, reports and presentations for various audiences for the Center. Interact with the Deputy Center Director, Director, and with research faculty and staff from 14 distributed sites to develop, design and create material for the Web and other marketing materials as directed.
- Bachelor's degree in Science/Engineering, Journalism, Communications, Computer Technology, Computer Graphics Technology, Computer Science or related field.
- Two years' experience developing and managing communication plans.
- Two years' experience writing and editing clear, concise content.
- Experience originating focused publications, marketing materials and PowerPoint presentations.
- Experience creating graphics for Web sites.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Adobe Acrobat Professional, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and familiarity with Outlook.
- Strong knowledge and highly skilled in Adobe products including InDesign, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, and Adobe Flash Expert.
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to work on multiple projects at the same time with a high-level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Superb verbal and written communication skills.
- Capable of distilling key concepts from complex text then communicate those concepts using writing and design skills in Web development, print materials, and graphics.
- Must be a highly motivated team player with the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Experience in computer technology, computer graphics technology, or computer science.
- Experience with JSP, Servlets, Java, Joomla templates and PHP.
- Knowledge of University brand management.
- Technical writing and marketing experience.
For consideration submit resume and apply online at: www.purdue.edu/careers and reference Job Number 1202031.