Executive Director, Marketing & Communications « Position Deleted on 2/18/2013 »
|Institution:||University of Maryland College Park - Robert H. Smith School of Business|
|Location:||College Park, MD|
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
Position Number: 104895
Full-Time, Regular Exempt
One of 12 schools and colleges located on the University of Maryland, College Park campus, the Robert H. Smith School of Business is a recognized leader in management research and education for the global economy. A comprehensive business school, Smith offers undergraduate, full-time and part-time MBA, Executive MBA, PhD, and non-degree executive education programs as well as outreach services to the corporate community. The school is consistently ranked among the top business schools by leading business publications such as U.S. News & World Report, Financial Times, Bloomberg BusinessWeek, and The Wall Street Journal.
The Smith School is currently recruiting for an Executive Director position. In this role, the incumbent will be in charge of managing the Office of Marketing Communications. The Office of Marketing Communications team develops and implements an integrated marketing and public relations program to communicate and enhance the school's position and brand as a management education and research leader. MarComm responsibilities include marketing (advertising, branding, direct mail, event promotion, etc.), media relations, publications (print and digital), internal communication, photography/video production, website, social media, and client management. The Executive Director will manage the MarComm team and serve as the spokesperson for the Smith School, reporting directly to the dean as a member of the senior leadership team.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Provide strategic direction to create an integrated and high-impact marketing communications program.
- Leading the School's PR and Communications efforts for all programs and events, including:
- Thought Leadership Program, which now takes several research, teaching, leadership and outreach programs and places them under one meaningful, relevant umbrella that promotes Smith research and impact to important audiences
- Print and digital publications
- CEO@Smith Speaker Series, a program that connects top corporate leaders, companies and corporations, students and prospective students, and alumni to the School and University,
- An internal communication program and onsite branding to increase communication, school pride, and advocacy
- Leading the marketing and strategic branding efforts for the School, which include:
- National and local paid media campaigns to support the School brand and enrollment
- Marketing support for Undergraduate, MBA, Masters and Executive Programs
- Promotion and support of all School offices, centers and departments, including positioning and events
- Marketing initiatives to influence rankings
- Leading the school's digital outreach efforts, including:
- Website development
- Video and audio communications
- Social media and new media outreach
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's degree required in marketing, communications, journalism, public relations, or
related field. Ten plus years of experience in product or service marketing, with at least four years supervisory experience required;
experience in higher education a plus. Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to conceptualize, design,
implement, and evaluate marketing communications strategies; ability to motivate staff and foster a team attitude; knowledge of business and
management issues; excellent news judgment; relevant computer skills, including word processing and database management.
Preferred Qualifications: MBA preferred. Experience in marketing communications in a higher education setting is strongly preferred. Familiarity with CASE and GMAC preferred.
Compensation: Competitive and commensurate with experience. The University also offers a comprehensive benefits package, including 22 Days Annual Leave; 15 Days Sick Leave; 3 Days Personal Leave; 15 Paid Holidays; Tuition Remission; Health, Dental, Vision and Prescription coverage.
When applying, please upload a PDF version of your cover letter, resume and list of references. For best consideration, please submit applications by January 4, 2013 at https://jobs.umd.edu. This position will remain open until filled.
Candidates must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the USA. No H1-B Visa sponsorship offered for this position.
For more information about the University of Maryland, please visit www.maryland.edu.
For information about the Robert H. Smith School of Business, visit our Web site at www.rhsmith.umd.edu.
The University of Maryland, College Park, actively subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity, and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, age, sex, color, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, religion, ancestry or national origin, marital status, genetic information, or political affiliation. Minorities and women are encouraged to apply.