Job Seekers, Sign In
Student Services Receptionist « Position Deleted on 2/26/2013 »
|Institution:||South Piedmont Community College|
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsUnder the supervision of the Assistant to the Vice President of Student Services, the Student Services Receptionist serves as the initial point of contact for all visitors to the student services area on the Old Charlotte Highway campus in Monroe. The receptionist provides high quality service to visitors, students, and employees to achieve a high standard of excellence and innovation in support services.
- Associate Degree.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Previous college level work experience.
- Thorough understanding of student services functions.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work with a diverse population.
- Ability to deal effectively, cooperatively and tactfully with faculty, staff, administrators and students.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office; demonstrated ability in office organizational skills; Datatel/Colleague experience a plus.
- Must be enthusiastic, creative, a team player.
- Personal and professional integrity which communicates a sense of mission, leadership and ability to self-start.
- A demonstrative positive and proactive approach in identifying problems, creating innovative solutions and managing projects.
- Evidence of career that includes flexibility and willingness to change; open-mindedness, fairness and the ability to see multiple perspectives; a willingness to take risks; and a willingness to accept responsibility for professional and personal growth.
- A commitment to and belief in mission, vision, and values of SPCC.
1. Perform reception duties:
a. Greet and assist visitors, students, and employees in a professional manner.
b. Monitor phone calls with consistency and clarity. Relay messages as necessary to appropriate staff and ensure continuity of communication.
c. Take accurate messages and relay to individuals as needed.
d. Provide general information to the public regarding hours of operation, registration dates, programs, events, etc.
2. Demonstrate quality customer service at all times. Provide general assistance and refer students appropriately.
3. Serve as initial point of contact for visitors and supervise office sign-in procedures.
4. Assist with routine requests for Student Services forms, general information; make appointments for visitors to see personnel in counseling, testing, and other areas when staff are unavailable.
5. Assist with enrollment management process by entering information into Datatel, scanning documents, and processing written electronic communications as may be required.
6. Serve as liaison with security and be thoroughly familiar with safety policy.
7. Work variable schedule if needed, including evenings and/or weekends.
8. Participate on college committees as assigned.
9. Assist in planning, development, implementation and evaluation of planning goals and objectives for Student Success in conjunction with the SPCC strategic plan.
10. Participate in short-range and long-range planning; conduct research and surveys to determine current effectiveness and future needs; prepare updates, reports and plans.
11. Perform other duties as assigned.
To be considered for this position, the following materials must be submitted with the application packet. Applications will not be considered without a complete packet.
1. A complete and comprehensive résumé of educational and professional qualifications for this position
2. A completed South Piedmont Community College Application for Employment
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. For a South Piedmont Community College application, the complete job description, and other requirements go to www.spcc.edu or contact us at:
South Piedmont Community College
Human Resources Office
PO Box 126
Polkton, NC 28135
Equal Access, Equal Opportunity Employer
© Copyright 2015 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.