Temporary- Residential Dean/Program Manager
- Admin - Volunteer Programs and Service Learning
- Admin - Residence Life and Housing
February 1, 2013: Staff Consideration Begins
Applications are accepted at any time but are reviewed on a rolling basis as they are received, so candidates are encouraged to apply early to ensure full consideration.
To learn more about CEP programs or staff positions and to apply online, visit our website at http://www.ctd.northwestern.edu/cep/jobs.
Job Summary: Locations for this position are in Berkeley, CA, Baltimore, MD and Chicago, IL.
The Civic Education Project (CEP) at Northwestern University Civic Leadership Institute a three week residential service-learning program for exceptional high school students. Positions are available at three program locations -- Baltimore, MD (Johns Hopkins University); Chicago, IL (Northwestern University's Chicago Loop Campus) and Berkeley, CA (University of California - Berkeley.) For more information on the Civic Leadership Institute, visit: http://www.ctd.northwestern.edu/cep/programs/cli
- Assumes primary responsibility for supervising the residential staff and coordinating the residential program of the Civic Leadership Institute.
- Guide a team of Resident Assistants to coordinate daily campus life and recreational activities and ensure that the residential community is safe, engaging and complementary to the academic mission of the program.
- Address student medical, social, emotional and disciplinary issues and furnish logistical support for residential activities.
- Work closely with academic staff to help coordinate the residential with the academic aspects of the program.
Residential deans should have extensive experience working in residential life or camp programming, as well as a background in teaching or counseling or graduate training in a relevant discipline. Residential deans should also have administrative and supervisory experience and strong communication, organizational and computer skills.
Northwestern University is an equal opportunity employer and strongly believes in creating an environment that welcomes students, faculty and staff of all races, nationalities and religions. In doing so, we offer our students the opportunity to learn and grow in diverse communities preparing them for successful careers in an increasingly global and diverse work force.
For consideration, please click on the link below. You will be directed to Northwestern University's electronic recruiting system, eRecruit,
where you will search and apply for current openings. To apply for this position in eRecruit, enter the Job Opening ID number in the
appropriate search field. Once you apply, you will receive an email confirming submission of your resume. For all resumes received, if there
is interest in your candidacy, the human resources recruiter or the department hiring manager will contact you. Job Opening ID number for
this position is #20466
"As per Northwestern University policy, this position requires a criminal background check. Successful applicants will need to submit to a criminal background check prior to employment."