Associate Director of Student Affairs, EMBA 20386 « Position Deleted on 1/20/2013 »
About Northwestern University:
Northwestern University is a private research university located on lakefront campuses in both Evanston and downtown Chicago, Illinois. Northwestern was founded in 1851. In fall 2008, Northwestern opened another campus in Doha, Qatar offering bachelor's degrees in journalism and communications in partnership with the Qatar Foundation.
The university employs approximately 7,100 full-time faculty and staff members among its 11 schools and colleges. NU offers over 130 undergraduate programs and 70 graduate and professional programs to the almost 16,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students enrolled full time.
Northwestern University is committed to excellent teaching, innovative research, and the personal and intellectual growth of its students in a diverse academic community.
Northwestern University seeks to employ a varied and diverse range of dynamic people who understand the importance of our mission and vision. When you consider a career at Northwestern University, you know that you are joining an institution with a deep history of academic, professional and personal excellence.
Currently, we have a career opportunity as a Associate Director of Student Affairs, EMBA.
The Associate Director, of Student Affairs EMBA is responsible for managing and optimizing the student experience for the Executive MBA Program on both the Evanston and Miami campuses. The focus of this role is enhancing the student experience and building a vibrant student community. The Associate Director will also be responsible for fostering strong relationships between EMBA students and the wider Kellogg community. Requires scheduled work on evenings and nights. Requires ability to travel to Miami campus at least once a month.
This critical role:
- Supervises the Student Affairs team;
- Oversees Student Affairs administration for both campuses and ensure execution of all Student Affairs administrative tasks;
- Manages the implementation of Kellogg EMBA policy and procedures policy;
- Takes responsibility for annual review of policy and procedure;
- Develops the strategic plan for the Executive MBA student experience in collaboration with the campus Directors and oversee its implementation;
- Plans and coordinates activities to build the EMBA student community including networking opportunities with Kellogg Alumni;
- Oversees coordination of student clubs, student events, and student-invited speaker series;
- Coordinate outreach to EMBA alumni in partnership with Advancement Office;
- Oversees communications to EMBA students by working with and supervising the Communications Manager;
- Helps strategize messaging to key EMBA stakeholders;
- Assess student satisfaction on quarterly basis and develop and implement continuous improvement plan for the student experience;
- Leads student group representative meetings;
- Develops tracking system for student feedback and manage follow up;
- Plans and coordinates the student onboarding processes;
- Organizes and runs EMBA Orientation in collaboration with the EMBA Admissions Director and campus Directors;
- Take primary responsibility for formation of EMBA study groups;
- Counsel students on study group dynamics;
- Work with student issues and questions; resolve conflicts; assist with student services; counsel and advise; direct and manage students;
- Manage other Student Affairs initiatives as needed;
- Share staffing duties for student events;
- Other projects as assigned;
- An MBA or a Master's Degree in counseling, management, or another related field or the equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired;
- Understanding of academic culture and higher education program management;
- Strong listening, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to take initiative and work effectively individually and as part of a collaborative team;
- Professional demeanor including tact and discretion;
- Customer service-oriented approach to the job;
- Proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
- At least 2 years of experience counseling/advising in higher education;
- Ability to work with students from a holistic perspective in regards to their student experience;
- Strong project management skills: Ability to command respect of highly intelligent, energetic student constituents, faculty, and staff;
- Track record of establishing positive client relationships required.
- Experience working with MBA students;
- Experience in supervising others.
Beyond being a place to learn and grow professionally, Northwestern is an exciting and fulfilling place to work! Northwestern offers many benefit options to full and part-time employees including: competitive compensation; excellent retirement plans; comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage; dependent care match; vacation, sick and holiday pay; professional development opportunities and tuition reimbursement.
Northwestern greatly values work/life balance amongst its employees. Take advantage of recreational, cultural, and enrichment opportunities on campus. Employees also receive access to childcare solutions, retail discounts, and other work/life balance resources.
Northwestern University is an equal opportunity employer and strongly believes in creating an environment that welcomes students, faculty and staff of all races, nationalities and religions. In doing so, we offer our students the opportunity to learn and grow in diverse communities preparing them for successful careers in an increasingly global and diverse work force.
For consideration, please click on the link below. You will be directed to Northwestern University's electronic recruiting system, eRecruit, where you will search and apply for current openings. To apply for this position in eRecruit, enter the Job Opening ID number in the appropriate search field. Once you apply, you will receive an email confirming submission of your resume. For all resumes received, if there is interest in your candidacy, the human resources recruiter or the department hiring manager will contact you. Job Opening ID number for this position is 20386.
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.