Associate Dean, Business Program « Position Deleted on 3/27/2013 »
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
Position Summary: The Associate Dean, Business Programs is responsible for leading, managing, and coordinating the undergraduate degree programs in Business Administration and Business Communication, as well as in Criminal Justice, Interdisciplinary Studies, and Paralegal Studies. Responsibilities include recruiting students, advising students, assessing program quality and effectiveness, hiring faculty, scheduling of classes, and mentoring, monitoring and evaluating performance of faculty.
Education/Experience: Doctoral degree in a discipline related to one or more of the academic programs included in this position, plus 5 years of college level teaching experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience as an academic administrator in adult programs is preferred
Knowledge/Skills/Ability: Strong oral and written communication skills.
Ability to work well with others.
Ability to multitask and pay attention to details.
Ability to meet deadlines.
Strong technology and organizational skills.
Strong commitment to scholarly activity and professional development.
Proficiency in Microsoft applications, including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel is required. Database management and other computer skills are valued.
Familiarity with educational assessment practices.
- Serve as the first point of contact for students, faculty, staff and others regarding questions, complaints and issues.
- Advise students on degree requirements, academic policies, and course selection.
- Mentor, monitor and evaluate the performance of all faculty according to established University guidelines and timetables.
- Collaborate with the Director of Business Development in developing education alliance agreements with qualifying corporations, community and government entities
- Participate in outreach efforts with the Director of Business Development
- Collaborate with the Director of GPS Recruiting and Admissions to establish enrollment goals, outreach strategies and targets
- Participate in recruitment initiatives, including, but not limited to, participating in School of Graduate and Professional Studies information sessions, networking for knowledge sessions, and instant decision days.
- Schedule classes.
- Attend and participate in all School meetings and leadership team meetings.
- Evaluate, update, and revise courses regularly.
- Coordinate assessment activities
- Make recommendations regarding curriculum revision or development to School and University administration, as appropriate.
- Develop and maintain independent intellectual pursuits.
- Attend professional development workshops, meetings, and talks related to professional interests.
- Pursue internal and external funding sources to support scholarly activity.
- Attend all Faculty/Staff University and School meetings.
- Attend commencement exercises.
- Serve on School and University committees.
- Participate in School and University events.
- Follow all faculty & program policies outlined by the University and School. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Supervise and provide work direction for all faculty in the program.
- Work independently in consultation with the Dean, School of Graduate & Professional Studies.
This position is expected to function as a leader, manager, and educator. As such, facility in interpersonal relationships, skill in conflict resolution, ability to problem-solve, and critical thinking are essential.