Coordinator of Student Programming
Position Deleted on 1/19/2013. This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobs.
High Point, NC
Admin - Student Affairs and Services
- Plans and implements a model program of student activities, in collaboration with the Coordinator of Recreation Services, Campus Activities Team, student workers and the larger University Community
- Independently plans, implements and manages significant portions of the overall program of student activities including off-campus excursions, late night events, and programming series like "Wednesday Night Live"
- Bachelor's Degree in Education, Business or a related field required
- Minimum 1 year event planning, facility management, student activities or related experience preferred
- Experience negotiating with vendors preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) , Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Customer service and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work flexible schedule including late night and weekend hours
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Negotiation skills
- Ability to make individual decisions and thrive in a team environment
- Capability to work in a fast paced environment and meet deadlines
- Plans and implements a model program of student activities, in collaboration with other university departments
- Plans, implements and manages significant portions of the student activities calendar, including scheduling student staffing for events and negotiating contracts with vendors, with discretion to spend within budget
- Supervises 30 student workers for arcade, theatre, and special event functions, including hiring, disciplining, scheduling, training, assigning work and ensuring completion of assigned responsibilities
- Responsible for producing Activities Calendar
- Maintains the student activities website through word press
- Prepares annual budget for school year activities and Summer Experience activities
- Plans and executes all Summer Experience activities events
- Assists in planning and implementing New Student Orientation process and week-long activities
- Advises and assists other offices and organizations in planning and organizing special events
- Designs and develops posters and plans and implements rotation throughout campus
- Supervises Campus Activities Team events with focus on night and weekend activities
- Serves as Chief Chaperone for off-campus events
- Coordinates additional chaperones as needed for off-campus events
- Additional duties as assigned
- Plans and delivers student activities programs within the University's budgetary requirements
- Negotiates vendor contracts
- Supervises part-time student workers and Campus Activities Team events
- Develops and implements comprehensive programming model designed to engage both small niche groups and large sections of the student body
- Collaborates with Student Life, Athletics, Recreation and other departments to maximize financial efficiency with regards to activities programming and student turn out.
High Point University is an equal opportunity institution. Its policy is to recruit, retain, and promote the most outstanding students, faculty, and staff possible, regardless of an individual’s race, creed, color, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, national origin, or handicap. This is done in accordance with the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
© Copyright 2015 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.