Manager, Advancement Communications
Position Deleted on 2/09/2013. This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobs.
- Admin - Public Relations, Marketing and Communications
- Admin - Development and Fundraising
|Job Category:||Development & Alumni Relations|
|Location:||IIT-Main Campus (MC), 3300 S. Federal, Chicago|
The Manager, Advancement Communications is a strategic leader in the office of Institutional Advancement (IA) and oversees and manages all printed communication materials, marketing support, proposal and appeal support, alumni relations, event and stewardship communications, and special communication programs that develop IA. This manager will manage various writing, editing and graphic design projects and will assign tasks to the Communication Specialist. The manager will also collaborate with IA leadership to shape strategy, standards, and protocol for communication projects, including a proofreading policy and a quality control system.
Key Responsibility 1
Manage and oversee all IA publications and appropriate special projects including major publications, other printed materials, proposals, appeals, alumni relations, event and stewardship communications, and special programs.
Collaborate with IA leadership to shape strategy, standards, and protocol for communication projects, including a proofreading policy and a quality control system.
Work with internal clients to ensure project satisfaction on each project managed or assigned.
Key Responsibility 2
Research, write, proofread and edit marketing pieces, proposals, reports, brochures, stewardship pieces, solicitation letters, administrative documents, general correspondence and other materials required to support alumni relations efforts and cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of donors and prospects, and membership and marketing for the Mies van der Rohe Society.
Key Responsibility 3
Assist in IA communications campaign and general strategy, contribute to the development of audience specific communications, and execute these strategies in an array of communications vehicles.
Key Responsibility 4
Manage the Communication Specialist, assigning writing and design projects received from internal clients, overseeing work and ensuring client satisfaction.
Key Responsibility 5
All other assignments and duties as determined by the Senior Director, Advancement Communications, Events and Stewardship.
The manager must be a skilled communicator and editor, with superior written and verbal abilities and a willingness to interact frequently with clients and colleagues.
Working with both external and internal constituents, the manager must possess tremendous customer service skills while cultivating and maintaining positive relationships.
Education & Experience:
- BA/BS required. Master's degree preferred
- Minimum 7-10 years of experience in communications, writing or related discipline; experience working in nonprofit, higher education and/or advancement/development communications and writing preferred.
- Superior written and oral communication skills required, with the ability to establish standards of quality, to communicate those standards clearly, and to assess communication effectiveness based on those standards.
- Experience planning, executing, and evaluating communication vehicles and/or writing projects is essential.
- Strong decision making skills along with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong customer service focus.
- Outstanding organizational, analytical and time management skills required.
- Creativity valued.
- A passion for creating and managing communications worthy of a nationally recognized university for technology and the professions.
- Superior organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to approach and direct senior colleagues to produce drafts, proof work, and meet project deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to establish standards of quality, to communicate those standards clearly,and to assess communication effectiveness based on those standards.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word required. Adobe Creative Suite proficiency strongly preferred.
- Strong customer service focus.
- A passion for assisting with the creation and management of communications worthy of a nationally recognized university for technology and the professions.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
****Applicants must include salary requirements on application for consideration.****
© Copyright 2015 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.