Job Seekers, Sign In
Executive Associate II, #S03805 « Position Deleted on 1/15/2013 »
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobs
Job Title: Executive Associate II
Position #: S03805
Location: Rockville / Mannakee
Salary: $50,876.80 to $68,681.60 Yearly
Correction to closing date
Online applications must be received by January 14, 2013.
Montgomery College, Office of the SVP for Student Services, has need for a full-time Executive Associate II #3805. Normal work schedule is Monday Friday, 8:30 am 5:00 p.m.
Job Summary: The position manages the daily functions of the SVP for Student Services office, handles special projects and assignments and serves on collegewide committees. Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provides high quality administrative, secretarial and technical support to one or more executive staff
- Coordinate special events
- Ensure office coverage and supervise staff
- Manage office functions, prioritizing tasks and delegating work
- Provide training to staff or students workers
- Provides excellent customer service for anyone making program inquiries
- Shows initiative in dealing with public, students, parents and internal constituents by encouraging open positive communication and contributing useful solutions to difficult problems
- Produces a variety of word processed documents such as letters, memoranda, and reports
- Maintain calendar for scheduling of conference space and supervisors calendar
- Design databases and implement tracking system to ensure proper follow up on projects within the office
- Prepare and manage contracts, approve time sheets
- Maintain confidential files
- Receives, screens, and refers telephone calls; queries callers and transfers or refers call to appropriate staff or other offices
- Demonstrates positive attitude in the accomplishment of tasks and communication with others
- Position requires an Associate's degree
- Minimum of 3 years performing complex secretarial, technical, and administrative work with at least one of those years in support of a senior leadership position that entailed office management, account management and budget preparation, event coordination
- Ability to extract and compile data from multiple sources into a single formatted word or excel document
- Strong computer skills using Microsoft Office Suite and Internet
- Excellent communications skills, including oral and effective business writing
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing work environment.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously with frequent interruptions
- Ability to problem solve, using critical thinking skills.
- Ability to foster a positive and productive work environment and relationships
- Detail oriented with high degree of accuracy
- Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States and not require employer visa sponsorship
- Bachelor's degree or a higher degree
- Five years or more of progressively responsible experience in an administrative office support position
- Ability to navigate a Student management system
- Experience working in a academic environment
- Experience working in a diverse, multicultural setting
- Online applications must be received by January 14, 2013.
- The application process includes 10 steps.
- Step 10 is a Summary of your information. You can update and edit information up to the closing date for the receipt of applications for a specific job announcement.
For consideration, you must:
- include dates of employment in your application or attachment;
- complete a set of pre-screening questions (Step 4);
- e-sign your application (Step 9);
- failure to complete the pre-screening questions or to e-sign your application will automatically result in your elimination from consideration for this position.
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
- Completion of a background check;
- Submission of an official transcript of an earned degree;
- Participation in a retirement plan.
Note: This recruitment effort can take 6-12 weeks (from the deadline date) to fill.
Montgomery College is a tobacco-free workplace.
For disability related accommodations please call 240-567-5353 or send an email to: email@example.com at least two weeks in advance.
Montgomery College is a dynamic, diverse institution, with students from over 170 countries, located in a diverse county of nearly one million residents. Montgomery College is committed to equal opportunity.
Montgomery College is an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering a diverse academic community among its student body, faculty, and staff.
© Copyright 2015 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.