Job Seekers, Sign In
Analyst, Academic Projector « Position Deleted on 1/24/2013 »
|Institution:||University of Maryland University College|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsAnalyst, Academic Projects
Office of the Provost
Full-Time, Range 1/Zone 3
Salary Range: Min $40,000 - Mid $59,000
University of Maryland University College (UMUC) seeks an Analyst, Academic Projects in the Office of the Provost. Reporting to the Vice Provost for Academic Affairs, the Coordinator will work under minimal supervision to support projects and initiatives in the areas of academic programs and shared governance.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Working with faculty and administrators in the Undergraduate and Graduate Schools to prepare academic program proposals and other documents for submission to the University System of Maryland Board of Regents, the Maryland Higher Education Commission, the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, and other entities
- Researching and writing reports for both internal and external audiences
- Using data provided by Institutional Research to prepare and submit annual reports required to maintain accreditation and state licensures
- Supporting shared governance at UMUC by coordinating meetings, maintaining records, and facilitating communication between the shared governance councils and the administration
- Working with the marketing unit at UMUC and with the Schools to ensure that Academic Affairs websites and publications are accurate and up-to-date
- Other job-related duties as assigned
- Bachelor's' degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- Minimum of eight years of experience in higher education with at least four of those years in university administration, preferably related to academic programs;
- Superlative written and spoken English communication skills
- The ability to work independently and to exercise sound judgment
- A demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective team relationships with both internal and external colleagues and constituents
- The ability to manage multiple high-priority projects with high attention to detail and accuracy, and to meet stringent, often short, deadlines;
- Must possess a collaborative work style as well as tact, discretion, and the ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
Master's degree from a regionally accredited college or university- Experience in university administration, preferably related to academic programs.
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers an excellent benefits package to include up to 8 credits of tuition remission per semester, a minimum of 25 days of leave, and a range of insurance options. For detailed benefits information, please visit http://www.umuc.edu/visitors/careers/benefits.cfm
UMUC - an Equal Opportunity Employer. The University distributes an annual information report which includes campus security information that is available to prospective employees.
University of Maryland University College actively subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity, and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, religion, color, creed, gender, marital status, age, national origin, political affiliation, mental or physical disability, veterans status or sexual orientation.
© Copyright 2015 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.