Application Administrator - West Lafayette - Administrative Computing (Job Number: 1202083)
- Admin - Computing - Network/System Administration
- Admin - Computing - Database Administration
The Application Administrator will design, implement, and maintain departmental applications and systems. Manage projects to implement, upgrade or enhance departmental applications and systems. Maintain an understanding of departmental business processes for applications and systems supported. Provide 3rd tier support for applications and systems supported and work directly with customers, vendors, and other IT areas as needed to address and resolve application related issues. Provide backup support for other Application Administrators.
The Application Administrator accepting this position will primarily be responsible for the design, implementation, operation, maintenance and support of the Physical Facilities Maximo Asset Management application and all bolt on and related applications. Provide technical oversight and direction for the Maximo Site Expert group. Develop and maintain standards for the use of the Maximo Asset Management application. Provide guidance and direction to new users of the Maximo Asset Management application. Coordinate the upkeep and maintenance of all Maximo related master data (locations, item masters, etc.).
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Technology or equivalent field.
- Two years of experience with the implementation, maintenance and administration of multi-tiered server based applications.
- Consideration will be given to an equivalent combination of related education and required work experience.
- One year demonstrated project management experience. Working knowledge of project management principles.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of standard application system architectures. Ability to learn and understand complex applications and systems.
- Ability to identify and resolve application and system related issues.
- Excellent time management and customer communication skills with the ability to foster technical and organizational change and create and manage partnerships between various technical groups.
- Experience with the administration of one or more currently supported applications including but not limited to the following: Asset Management system, Construction Project Management system, Contract Management system, Energy Management system, Document Management system, Student Residential Management system,Student Recreational Management system, Student Organizational Management system, Student Conduct Management system, Property Management System, Point of Sale System, and Student Health Center applications.
- Experience with one or more server based platforms such as Microsoft Windows Server, UNIX, or Linux.
- Basic knowledge of web based technologies. Experience with one or more web server technologies including but not limited to Microsoft IIS, IBM Websphere, Oracle WebLogic, ColdFusion, or Apache.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows desktop operating systems and mobile technologies. Experience working with vendor support to resolve application and system related issues.
- Working knowledge of database technologies such as Microsoft SQL Server or Oracle.
- Basic knowledge of security including familiarity with PCI and other best practices.
Employment in this position will require a background check for both new and current University employees.
FLSA: Exempt (Not Eligible For Overtime).
Retirement Eligibility: Defined Contribution Waiting Period.
Purdue University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer.