Cardiorespiratory Sciences (CRS) Instructor - Fall 2013
Position Deleted on 2/16/2013. This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobs.
Las Vegas, NV
Faculty - Health - Other Health Faculty
Open Until Filled
- Provide didactic and laboratory instruction in the Associate and/or Baccalaureate programs
- Provide clinical supervision at multiple sites with varied shifts
- Develop syllabi and course materials; participate in program development
- Evaluate student mastery of skills and competencies required by course outcomes
- Maintain office hours for student advisement and remediation; participate in recruitment activities, community service and professional development
- Participate in School/Department/Program meetings and activities; Serve on School/Department and college wide committees
- Other duties as assigned
This position is open until filled. For full consideration all application related material should be submitted no later than January 31, 2013. Application review will commence no later than February 1, 2013.
Baccalaureate degree in Respiratory Therapy, Cardiorespiratory Sciences, Education or equivalent field from a regionally accredited college or university
- Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) with current Nevada license
- Minimum 4 years clinical experience in all patient age populations, including trauma
- Minimum 2 years clinical supervisory, managerial, or educational experience
- Knowledge and experience in all aspects of the scope of practice of Respiratory Care, as determined by national standards
- Current Nevada Blood Gas license
- Current AHA certifications in BLS and ACLS
- Membership in American Association for Respiratory Care
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Required documents (Cover Letter, Resume, and Transcripts) must be attached directly to the ON-LINE application. If you are unable to attach the required documents to your ON-LINE application, you may send them to Human Resources via email email@example.com or fax to 702.651.5778
SPECIAL NOTE: Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications. The search committee will use this information during the initial review of application materials.
- Master's degree in RT, Education, Public Health, Health Administration or equivalent from regionally accredited college or university
- Minimum 10 years clinical experience in all patient age populations, including trauma
- Minimum 5 years clinical supervisory, managerial, or educational experience
- Prior teaching experience in Respiratory Therapy, Cardiorespiratory Sciences, or equivalent program
- Formal training in education
- Technical experience with various equipment including ventilators and simulation mannequins
- Demonstration of on-going professional development in field-related disciplines
- Documentation of active participation in local respiratory community (Lung Association, etc..)
- Membership in other professional organizations
- Other advanced NBRS credentials (NPS, CPFT, RPFT, SDS) or Asthma Educator (AE-C)
- Current AHA certification in NRP and PALS
- Experience working with a diverse and multicultural student and/or employee population
Salary placement is determined using the CSN Academic Faculty Schedule (maximum 10 years experience). Based on the total years of prior teaching experience, the maximum step placement is step 7 on the Academic Salary Schedule.
College of Southern Nevada recognizes that embracing diversity maximizes faculty and staff contribution to our goals and provides the best opportunity for student achievement. CSN is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. CSN is responsive to serving the educational needs of a diverse and ever-changing community. CSN employs only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the U.S. AA/EOE/ADA.
© Copyright 2015 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.