Job Seekers, Sign In
College Reading Instructor - Fall 2013 « Position Deleted on 2/16/2013 »
|Institution:||College of Southern Nevada|
|Location:||Las Vegas, NV|
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsTeach classes in College Reading, including transfer and non-transfer levels. Develop curriculum and align courses to meet student needs and college objectives. Perform course assessment as well as assist in program and institutional level assessment, and improve student learning based on results of assessment data.
This position is open until filled. Application review will begin on February 1, 2013. For full consideration all application-related materials should be received no later than January 31, 2013.
- Master's Degree in Reading, OR Masters in Education with reading specialty, OR Masters in English, ESL, or Linguistics with at least 18 credits in the teaching of reading. All degrees must be from a regionally accredited college or university.
- One year teaching experience at high school and/or college level.
Required documents (Cover Letter, Resume, and Transcripts) must be attached directly to the ON-LINE application. If you are unable to attach the required documents to your ON-LINE application, you may send them to Human Resources via email firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 702.651.5778
SPECIAL NOTE: Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications. The search committee will use this information during the initial review of application materials.
- Experience in teaching Reading courses at the community college level or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated ability in curriculum development using student learning outcomes and student-centered learning.
- Successful experience with assessment of student outcomes and program evaluation.
- Experience in working with diverse student populations.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively as well as function independently and as a member of a team.
Salary Placement is determined using the CSN Academic Faculty Schedule (maximum 10 years experience). Based on the total years of prior teaching experience, the maximum step placement is step 7 on the academic Salary Schedule.
College of Southern Nevada recognizes that embracing diversity maximizes faculty and staff contribution to our goals and provides the best opportunity for student achievement. CSN is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. CSN is responsive to serving the educational needs of a diverse and ever-changing community. CSN employs only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the U.S. AA/EOE/ADA.
© Copyright 2015 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.