Job Seekers, Sign In
Student Support Services (SSS) TRiO Advisor « Position Deleted on 1/11/2013 »
|Institution:||Oakton Community College|
|Location:||Des Plaines, IL|
|Salary:||$48,184 USD Per Year|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsFor over 40 years, Oakton Community College has been the setting where thousands begin or continue their college or career studies. Educating people of all ages, from all walks of life and from more than 40 nations, Oakton focuses on improving the quality of life for everyone who enters its doors.
- Continuing education
- Great benefits
- Paid winter break
- FRIDAYS OFF during the summer
- Complete intake and assessment procedures with applicants for the program.
- Build solid and trusting advising relationships with caseload of new and continuing students while monitoring their academic progress.
- Provide individual and group advisement, including: academic advising, comprehensive transfer planning, financial literacy education, academic skills and study strategies, career exploration, and personal support. Maintain records of student contacts.
- Provide comprehensive assistance for students in applying for and obtaining educational funds from sources at current and future educational institutions.
- Meet regularly with (SSS) TRiO Team or Coordinator for planning and implementation of activities in order to meet the objectives of the program.
- Conduct workshops and help to plan and implement cultural and educational programs and other opportunities for program participants.
- Participate in campus committees and/or initiatives that support the program mission and goals, as well as creating and conducting presentations to market the program to diverse audiences within the College.
- Develop and maintain social media, website, and online learning platform content for communication and educational needs of participants.
- Build networking relationships with personnel from the College, the surrounding community, and other TRiO programs for referral purposes and as additional resources. In conjunction with Counseling staff, make appropriate referrals for students in need of personal counseling or therapeutic intervention.
- Oversee and participate in occasional overnight and off campus trips with participants.
- Participate in Enrollment Center and Student Success trainings to develop knowledge in other functional student affairs areas in order to provide integrated and comprehensive information to students, staff, and community. Provide excellent customer service.
This is a full time position that works Monday - Friday, primarily during traditional daytime hours. Weekend and evening hours as well as providing supervision of overnight trips will be required to meet student needs. This position will also travel between the Skokie and Des Plaines campuses to meet student needs and to attend College events, meetings, and trainings.
This position is compensated $48,184 annually.
For further details, visit our website at www.oakton.edu and select the Employment link.
Oakton Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, age, sex, marital status, veteran’s status, or sexual orientation in its employment practices.
© Copyright 2015 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.