Job Seekers, Sign In
Assistant Professor « Position Deleted on 3/04/2013 »
|Institution:||Appalachian State University|
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsAPPALACHIAN STATE UNIVERSITY
REICH COLLEGE OF EDUCATION
DEPARTMENT OF LEADERSHIP AND EDUCATIONAL STUDIES
FULL-TIME TENURE TRACK POSITION
HIGHER EDUCATION PROGRAM: Community College and University Leadership
The Department of Leadership and Educational Studies (LES) and its Higher Education Graduate Program at Appalachian State University invite applications for a tenure-track, nine-month faculty position at the rank of Assistant Professor, beginning August 2013. The Higher Education Program offers coursework leading to Master of Arts and Education Specialist degrees and has a strong regional reputation for preparing graduate students for employment, advancement, and leadership in administrative and teaching careers in community colleges, universities, college transition programs, and community agencies. The position involves teaching principally in the Community College and University Leadership track and includes on-campus, off-campus, and online instruction, with the option of additional summer classes. Faculty members are also expected to maintain an active program of scholarship and to participate actively in service activities. Additional information about the program can be found at http://les.appstate.edu/programs/higher-education.
- Earned doctoral degree in Higher Education or closely related area (candidates who are ABD will be considered, but the position requires completion of the dissertation by the August 2013 start date.)
- Excellent abilities or potential for teaching graduate courses
- Commitment to diversity and social justice
- Willingness to actively and collaboratively engage in recruitment, program planning, and program assessment
- Record of scholarship that meets the requirements for status as Graduate Faculty ( http://www.graduate.appstate.edu/facultystaff/gradfaculty/index.html).
- Commitment to integration of theory and practice through teaching and scholarly
- Administrative experience in higher education
- Expertise in governance, law, ethics, and/or finance
- Knowledge of and experience with current instructional technologies and approaches used in face-to-face, hybrid, and online learning environments
- Experience teaching graduate students
- Commitment to culturally-responsive teaching and student engagement
- A history of successful grant writing
- Potential for future program, departmental, university, national, and international leadership roles in higher education
- a cover letter addressing the required and preferred qualifications and identification of program courses qualified to teach (see http://les.appstate.edu/programs/higher-education/ma/cc-univ-leadership).
- a current curriculum vitae
- the names and current addresses, emails, and phone numbers of five (5) references
Appalachian State University (ASU) is a member institution of the sixteen-campus University of North Carolina. Located in Boone, North Carolina, the university has approximately 17,000 students, primarily in bachelors and masters programs in both liberal arts and applied fields. ASU has both a traditional residential campus and a variety of distance education programs. Additional information about the university can be found at http://www.appstate.edu.
ASU is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. The university has a strong commitment to the principles of diversity and inclusion, and to maintaining working and learning environments that are free of all forms of discrimination. The university strongly encourages applications from women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and members of other underrepresented groups. Individuals with disabilities may request accommodations in the application process by contacting one of the chairs of the committee, Dr. Amy Trawick ( firstname.lastname@example.org) or Dr. Hunter Boylan ( email@example.com).
ASU is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. The university has a strong commitment to the principles of diversity and inclusion, and to maintaining working and learning environments that are free of all forms of discrimination. The university strongly encourages applications from women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and members of other underrepresented groups.
© Copyright 2015 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.