University Development Representative - Charlotte, NC - Doctoral « Position Deleted on 1/10/2013 »
|Institution:||Grand Canyon University|
Don't Miss a Day of Your Future!
University Development Representative, College of Doctoral Studies - Charlotte, NC
An Extraordinary Career Opportunity with an Acclaimed Leader in the Rapidly Growing Education Sector
Grand Canyon University (GCU) has received national recognition for academic excellence and a rating as one of the premier online education institutions in the world. Not only has GCU been recently ranked among the very best by national press sources like Fortune (ranked GCU in Top 5), the university has received the endorsement of OEDb (Online Education Database - the de facto ranking organization for the online education sector) and others as one of the best in the nation.
As University Development Representative (UDR), you are the representative of Grand Canyon University's College of Doctoral Studies within a defined territory. You are directly responsible for presenting career enhancing doctoral degree programs to educators, business professionals and other key leaders across your territory. You are an engaging and compelling professional resource with a precise understanding of the needs of these professionals. You are passionate about enriching the lives and careers of people in the professional world. You are a dynamic, balanced influencer and advisor who promotes and facilitates interest in enrollment while keeping your focus on the best interests of the prospective doctoral candidates with whom you interact.
The roles and responsibilities of the University Development Representative include:
- Work with intense activity in a defined territory to build direct relationships and ongoing communication within school districts (superintendents, principals, professional development people, administrators, et al), businesses, healthcare settings and any other areas where an advanced degree can help professional in their career and personal advancement.
- Work collaboratively with UDR's in your specified territory from other Grand Canyon University Colleges to disseminate information related to the College of Doctoral Studies
- Invite other local UDR's in your specified territory to events where Doctoral candidates may be present as well as prospective candidates for other Colleges at Grand Canyon University
- Coordinate and conduct on-site informational seminars for professionals interested in obtaining a valuable and relevant advanced degree
- Develop and execute the strategy and logistics necessary to cover a large geographic area with personally conducted informational seminars in an efficient and timely manner
- Facilitate the circulation of informational materials through all appropriate channels within a territory
- Acquire and utilize expertise in GCU's higher educational programs and be able to compare/contrast with other educational offerings
- Understand the specific career needs and personal interests of prospective candidates and act as a subject matter expert capable of providing the level of communication necessary to assist them in making well-informed decisions
- Compel enrollment and work with the internal GCU enrollment team to enable a seamless enrollment process for professionals
- Discover new opportunities and develop innovative strategies to generate awareness of GCU's College of Doctoral Studies programs and to enhance enrollment
- Meet and exceed enrollment projections and expectations
- Contribute to enrollee experience and positively impact retention by acting as an advocate for GCU in a representative capacity
Required to be considered as a candidate:
Bachelor's degree - Master's degree preferred
Must be able to travel 50-75% of the time
Refined outside sales and territory building knowledge, skill and experience
Minimum of 3 years of successful outside, business-to-business (not just inside, person-to-person) account management experience with a significant product or service
3 or more years of experience in executing consistent and successful prospecting within a large geographic territory requiring moderate to extensive travel
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Professional interaction, personal networking and constituency building skills
Interesting, dynamic, articulate, credible and fluid group presentation skills
Lead generation and effective lead follow-up capability
Self-directed, self-charged, highly motivated, non-procrastinating, high activity action taking sales professional
Fast starter with the confidence and capability to launch new territory with massive action
Ability to work from a home-based office as a well-organized planner capable of: executing continuous high volume contact, mapping out efficient travel logistics, coordinating and conducting events, sustaining high levels of diverse activity and multi-tasking under time pressure
Knowledge of the education industry and the teaching profession
Knowledge of the business industry
Knowledge of the healthcare industry
Strong business and marketing acumen with a penchant for innovation and new business development strategy
Ability to work collaboratively with and gain the buy-in of key stake-holders
Consultative approach to answering questions, addressing concerns and assisting with enrollment decisions
Highly accountable to monthly goals, performance expectations
Demonstrated, consistent results producer
Base salary: $55,000 starting salary
Benefits: Comprehensive health care coverage, dental care coverage, life insurance
Tuition (100% for qualified employees)
Founded in 1949, Grand Canyon University has been serving a growing student body for nearly six decades. With a longstanding heritage as a ground campus with traditional undergraduate and graduate degree programs, the university also offers highly accredited, highly regarded distance learning programs. Grand Canyon University's online degree options include a range of programs in education, business, nursing and health sciences and liberal arts.
The Grand Canyon University's College of Doctoral Studies offers Doctoral candidates the opportunity to enroll in a variety of disciplines. The College of Doctoral Studies currently offers 3 Doctorate degree programs in Business Administration, Education in Organizational Leadership, and a Ph.D. in Psychology. Specializations include Behavioral Health, K-12 Leadership, Higher Education Leadership, Organizational Development, Cognition and Instruction and Industrial and Organizational Psychology.
Grand Canyon University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission (member of North Central Association of Colleges and Schools).