Director of Career Services « Position Deleted on 3/05/2013 »
Director Career Services
Corinthian Colleges, Inc.
If you're looking for an exciting opportunity with a robust company committed to changing students' lives and doing the right thing, Corinthian Colleges, Inc. is the place for you. As one of the largest post-secondary education companies in North America, we are on the cutting-edge of the industry and forging ahead into a new era of leadership, growth and innovation. We currently operate more than 100 campuses through Everest College, WyoTech and Heald College and are dedicated to delivering on the promise to our students. At CCi you'll work with impassioned employees and have the support you need to make great things possible.
General Job Description:
You are organized and professional with strong leadership skills, and really shine when coaching, mentoring, and managing a team. In this role you will be responsible for planning, developing, and administering career and employment assistance programs for our students, graduates, and alumni. You will lead and support the Career Services team to provide a high level of customer service to our students and to achieve a successful placement rates that meet or exceed our accreditation standards. You will work with other departments to build partnerships, and will also build effect relationships with local and regional businesses, organizations, and community partners to identify a steady pipeline of employment opportunities. Most importantly, you will make a difference in the lives of our students.
- Serve as coach, mentor, and manager to staff
- Structure team roles and flexibly re-deploy resources as business needs to evolve
- Manage conflict and change (internal and external)
- Ensure collaboration with other campus departments
- Track all metrics related to placement and employer account development/maintenance
- Oversee special events: PACS, Career fairs, graduation
- Operate as Career Services Rep or Employer Relationship Developer in priority or difficult situations as conflict resolution
- Bachelor's degree required in business, sales or marketing.
- 5+ years experience in professional recruiting, temp agency recruiting, career center or human resources.
- Strong leader (experience managing a team).
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience building a local network.
- Ability to delegate.
- Recruiting and staffing experience preferred.
- Prior experience with CRM preferred.
- Skilled at both developing personal connection with students and sales/marking experience in order to develop employer accounts.